[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Westhill: Paddocktunnelway armo/barrier removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So since a few days the layout on Westhill/Weston trackday has changed. Some armo's have been removed from the middle of the road, giving the roadusers more chances to overtake.

Maybe it would be nice to share your feedback here in this thread. Should they keep it like this or return to the layout with armo's?

Personally I do like the more clearer look and freedom it gives, but I have a feeling it makes some drivers even worse than their behavior already is. It may now be more common to have heavy crashes because someone decides to overtake with 200 kmh. It can really ruin the fun on this road, because of all the crashes that are bound to happen. But thats just my opinion. Feel free to share yours down below.

[Image: 64e74e2206ef9-paddocktunnelway.png]
I didn't mind them except the for the fact that they were really tight around the gas station/bus stop entrances and the race control entrance where big vehicles had a hard time clearing the turns without getting completely rekt by them.
This way (without armo's) feels more realistic. Also I think it's better for chases and emergency vehicles, because sometimes they can overtake the traffic (safely of course). When there was armo's, was common for suspects to rear-end into traffic at that blind hill (at the traffic light junction) and it's a mess. You are right tho. I've seen this erratic driving behaviour, but that is their style and we have !report for them if they do it systematically.
(2023-08-25 02:26)Yasen Wrote: [ -> ]This way (without armo's) feels more realistic. Also I think it's better for chases and emergency vehicles,

watch this then

(2023-08-25 03:14)Carlos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-08-25 02:26)Yasen Wrote: [ -> ]This way (without armo's) feels more realistic. Also I think it's better for chases and emergency vehicles,

watch this then

cop fault
I've also observed that the road is much more dangerous now, people overtake where no space is, at absurd speeds. Not to mention those, who make use of the entire width for no reason at all, e.g. drifters.
Paddock Tunnel Way and Paddock area overall have always been the most populated areas in Westhill. Before the Armco barriers were removed, there were occasional wrong-way related accidents. But now, every time you drive from Medical Centre to the roundabout (and viceversa) there is always an accident. Drifters, overconfident overtakes, chases, hell even HGVs cause wrong-way related crashes.

watch this then
''youtube clip''

Mate.. This is so off-topic and it's not related to the suggestion at all. This is not what I am talking about. To PIT the suspect into incoming traffic it's cop mistake. To drive so light pedal car made for kids (or bike and etc.) on public road it's a cool idea, but it's on your own risk. Did you ask this cop from that clip for any explanation?

It's about the chases on this road (there are armo's on middle of the road) the traffic are unable to make way (if slow down it's even worse). Traffic it's forced to go on RED light when see/hear sirens behind to let the chase pass or get wrecked.
The suspect is unable to overtake (safely without going wrong way for long time). The cops have no space to use PIT or TPAC and etc.

Edit:
About these dangerous drivers, that is about their driving and behavior. I think I'ts not releated to the road or objects on it.
Example: I was driving Town Bus on Paddock tunnel way towards roundabout and just before entering the tunnel, chased car crashed on roof in front of me. I've stopped just in time (safely) with hazard lights on, waiting for cop to bust the suspect and tow/med/res to help him and open the road. Also I had no room to continue forward or back up because the traffic from behind was so impatient.
They even honks at me and rammed/pushed me aggressively, causing damage on my bus full of passengers.
I was forced to straight report all of these three ''drivers'' behind me.

But of course I can't decide for everyone.
(2023-08-25 20:06)Yasen Wrote: [ -> ]

watch this then
''youtube clip''

Mate.. This is so off-topic and it's not related to the suggestion at all.

How is it off-topic? It's literally relevant to the road being discussed.
(2023-08-25 22:47)Felipe Jardim Wrote: [ -> ]How is it off-topic? It's literally relevant to the road being discussed.

Exactly.
The thread discussing the amro's on the road. Are they good or bad.
Not the COP skills in PIT maneuvers.
You can get hit just like this on any other road on Westhill or other track.
What you suggest? To separate all track with tire stack and armo's, because some of these players have no idea what are they doing? That will makes you feel safer?
Paddock tunnel way (100km/h speed limit) it's two way traffic road (one lane in each direction). This roads are NOT separate with solid objects like highways. They use solid white (in EU) and double yellow (in US) when there are curves or intersections.
On open straight road like this is pretty normal to have a dashed white line indicates that lane changes are allowed. It's called traffic flow.
I just gave you that example above where the same road IS separate on corner before the tunnel and I got rammed anyway for no reason.
That example has the intention to show you that objects can't help you if the irresponsible drivers are around.

watch this then

This is a novelty troll car, I don't think this has much bearing on the problem. It doesn't react well at all to anything that touches it.

The collision sure, but the fact that you fell under the map is more to do with your choice of car.
Reference URL's