[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: New feature idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd like to share a new feature idea that I think could add a lot of depth to the gameplay in the long run. The ability to buy and own businesses. There is already a lot of designated "businesses" on every track already that are being used for other jobs. My idea is as follows(x$ will have to be decied by staff for proper balancing purposes):

- Businesses generate a bonus that can be picked up every 3 hours until their maximum capacity at 16 stacks. This takes 48 hours of real-life time in total.
- Collecting the bonuses from your Businesses(you have to drive to every business to collect) gives an item called "Business Cash Stacks". These items are worth x$ each and will be redeemed upon gaining experience in any job. They are redeemed in the ratio of x$ per 1 XP at level 1 business, and x$ per 1 XP at level 10 business. The ratio also changes throughout the different business levels.
- To unlock different businesses, you will need to level up your Businesses skill level - it can be done via collecting the money itself or upgrading owned businesses.
- You can upgrade a business up to Tier 10. Each upgrade will cost the same as the business itself and will add 25% more to the original bonus amount.
- Business perks: spawn point, garage space.

Please add any other suggestions or changes you feel would improve on this idea.
no, go play gta online
(2023-08-29 15:01)fWANKy Wrote: [ -> ]no, go play gta online

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy life to give such a thought out and elaborate reply. Although I never asked for anyone's opinion only if you have anything to add to this idea. If you have nothing of use to add I would rather you don't.
(2023-08-31 09:49)RevLeon Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy life to give such a thought out and elaborate reply. Although I never asked for anyone's opinion only if you have anything to add to this idea. If you have nothing of use to add I would rather you don't.
don't post on a public forum if you don't want to receive other people's opinions. Though I agree with fWANKy
(2023-08-31 10:38)Carlos Wrote: [ -> ]

don't post on a public forum if you don't want to receive other people's opinions. Though I agree with fWANKy

I do fully expect people's opinion, however I am also allowed to debate that opinion or ask in a nice civil way to not get involved in the topic if you're not adding anything of value to the conversation. Going off topic and just splurting the first thing that comes to mind is not what I would consider a very thought out opinion or a proper way to hold a discussion. However with all that said I respect both your opinions and fyi, I do play GTA online but that has nothing to do with what I suggested.
i dont like (havent read anything just fanboying fwank)

(2023-08-31 10:38)Carlos Wrote: [ -> ]don't post on a public forum if you don't want to receive other people's opinions. Though I agree with fWANKy

(2023-08-31 12:02)7mar Wrote: [ -> ]i dont like (havent read anything just fanboying fwank)

Administrator Message by: Ras

So far, none of you posted anything useful in this suggestion thread. This is not a yes/no, like/dont like comment section.

Put some effort into your replies. May i remind you of Forum Rule 2.2.

Thread may carry on with meaningful replies only, thanks.

yes, go play on gta online where u can get these businesses etc

because its a silly idea for tc
this is TC, (traffic cops - running from cops or catching criminals) not life simulator 2000
i think tc already has enough fun features for making money, no more businesses needed
My personal opinion is that this is too much too soon. We're still processing how to deal with mods.
Yep the business would be:
Cocaine lockup
Methemphetamine lab
Weed farm
Counterfit cash factory
Document forgery office

Jokes aside we don't need no business
(2023-09-01 09:59)Misterviin Wrote: [ -> ]Yep the business would be:
Cocaine lockup
Methemphetamine lab
Weed farm
Counterfit cash factory
Document forgery office

Jokes aside we don't need no business

I don't think you've read my entire post. The businesses already exist on the server with the functionality of delivery only at the moment. What I am suggesting is to make those businesses ownable, that will give you another income stream over a *very long* period of time. It's sort of an end-game mechanic where you have something to work towards other than collecting cars. It will also encourage people to work other jobs as it's a requirement to be able to cash out. Overall I think it adds quite a bit to the server and it doesn't really have any drawback that I can think of. If you or anyone else thinks there could be any issues or drawbacks this can introduce please write it below.
Similar to my bank robbery suggestion a while back, in hindsight it would be too much for TC and not very appropriate for what the server is for
(2023-09-02 09:39)Vilix Wrote: [ -> ]Similar to my bank robbery suggestion a while back, in hindsight it would be too much for TC and not very appropriate for what the server is for

I don't really see the similarities but ok, can you please point out what would be too much and not appropriate for TC?
Bank Robbery idea was very realistic considering this is a Cops + robbers RP cruise server.
It would definitely add to TC but it doesn't fit in with the Cops and Robbers theme of TC. We held off adding jobs like courier work etc for a long time because of this. I have always been in favour of these sorts of mini jobs because they are a great way for new players to learn their way around different tracks and it gives people something else to do as a civilian other than just drive with no purpose. The introduction of mods certainly helped fuel these new incomes and jobs and I'm happy that we have them, even though they are not directly related to the policing side of TC.

The idea of owning and running businesses though seems more like a mix between GTA Online and Monopoly. It sounds like a very complex idea, especially to someone who is new, and I personally feel our servers and InSim are becoming complex enough. For example the bonus is earnt every 3 hours but it takes 48 hours? The addition of stacks, tiers and upgrades? I prefer being able to simply come online and earn money there and then, either through copping, jobs or just driving as opposed to having long term income streams.

Spawn points; people can already spawn where they like with !sethome so I don't think this adds anything. Garages; already expandable and I think it is best to have one central garage with the buyable slots as it keeps things simple.

Could each business be owned by multiple people? Or one person for one business? Would the income be split? How would the income be generated?
(2023-09-03 21:36)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]It would definitely add to TC but it doesn't fit in with the Cops and Robbers theme of TC. We held off adding jobs like courier work etc for a long time because of this. I have always been in favour of these sorts of mini jobs because they are a great way for new players to learn their way around different tracks and it gives people something else to do as a civilian other than just drive with no purpose. The introduction of mods certainly helped fuel these new incomes and jobs and I'm happy that we have them, even though they are not directly related to the policing side of TC.

The idea of owning and running businesses though seems more like a mix between GTA Online and Monopoly. It sounds like a very complex idea, especially to someone who is new, and I personally feel our servers and InSim are becoming complex enough. For example the bonus is earnt every 3 hours but it takes 48 hours? The addition of stacks, tiers and upgrades? I prefer being able to simply come online and earn money there and then, either through copping, jobs or just driving as opposed to having long term income streams.

Spawn points; people can already spawn where they like with !sethome so I don't think this adds anything. Garages; already expandable and I think it is best to have one central garage with the buyable slots as it keeps things simple.

Could each business be owned by multiple people? Or one person for one business? Would the income be split? How would the income be generated?

I agree that it would be a bit of a learning curve for new players but that's with everything and I'm sure that with a well written guide it should be easy enough to unnderstand. The spawn point is more of a way to pick where to spawn (maybe a list of spawn points) rather than have a fixed spawn every time. The garages would add another more realistic way to expand your car storage (It would act like the garage upgrade item that is currently being used). And to answer your last question, yes multiple people can own the business individually. I hope this clears up any confusion you might have had.

Edit:
I forgot to mention in my initial reply about how the cash stacks work.
Basically every 3 hours you get 1 cash stack, once you get 16 cash stacks generated in that business and you haven't picked them up it can not generate any more. This will take a total of 48 hours to reach the 16 stacks.
(2023-09-03 10:01)RevLeon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-09-02 09:39)Vilix Wrote: [ -> ]Similar to my bank robbery suggestion a while back, in hindsight it would be too much for TC and not very appropriate for what the server is for

I don't really see the similarities but ok, can you please point out what would be too much and not appropriate for TC?

As Josh also answered above, I think the business owning idea would not fit the cops and robbers and city driving purpose of the server. Besides the complexity and lots of work on the insim side, new additions for jobs or vehicles should aim to enhance those cop&robber and citydriving aspects.
(2023-09-04 17:46)Vilix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-09-03 10:01)RevLeon Wrote: [ -> ]

As Josh also answered above, I think the business owning idea would not fit the cops and robbers and city driving purpose of the server. Besides the complexity and lots of work on the insim side, new additions for jobs or vehicles should aim to enhance those cop&robber and citydriving aspects.

It's not as complex as you think if you take a minute to read how it works also insim side it's not really a big job to add this to the server. As for the idea not fitting in with the cops and robbers aspect we can all agree that we are limited in that field and you could say the same thing about every other job that is not cops & robbers focused which would be every job right now. Think of this idea as a stepping stone towards the bank robbery feature Biggrin
What if income from these jobs were increased instead of you grinding your way to Tier 10 level or whatever and getting somewhat ok income from it? If it turned out to be better than driving xfg at the limit then everyone would start driving buses. If not then why bother.

Just add bank instead then where you put money in and it grows over time, unless someone robs it and everyone that has money in it lose 1% of their money or whatever.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's