[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: !sethome hgv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think we should be able to set a custom spawn location for HGV marked vehicles.
In some cases it's boring/annoying to have to drive half of the map to actually start going somewhere.
So ability to set a custom spawn location for a heavy vehicle safes a lot of wastes time.
I know currently hgv are restricted to a spawn zone for some reasons like not to cause chaos or blockage or damage on spawn.

Therefore i suggest to add the function but with some rules:
-spawn should be set in a wide place not near or on a road.
-spawn should not be set inside of a building or pits garages, nor on top of layout objects.
-spawn should have at least 5 meters of free space both front and back and 2 meters wide in sides
-set at your own risk. No refunds.
While I understand it can be annoying, I think the current situation is the most sensible.
(2023-08-30 17:51)bayanofmansorofisky Wrote: [ -> ]In some cases it's boring/annoying to have to drive half of the map to actually start going somewhere.
So ability to set a custom spawn location for a heavy vehicle safes a lot of wastes time.

You've chosen a HGV, what do you expect?
(2023-08-30 19:25)Cam Wrote: [ -> ]You've chosen a HGV, what do you expect?

I expect a yes or no, not "what do you expect?"
(2023-08-30 19:53)bayanofmansorofisky Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-08-30 19:25)Cam Wrote: [ -> ]You've chosen a HGV, what do you expect?

I expect a yes or no, not "what do you expect?"

No.
Yes, but only if the settable spawn locations for hgv are restricted to stricts rules where they dont mess with the roads/builings/other players.
(2023-08-30 17:51)bayanofmansorofisky Wrote: [ -> ]I think we should be able to set a custom spawn location for HGV marked vehicles.
In some cases it's boring/annoying to have to drive half of the map to actually start going somewhere.
I know currently hgv are restricted to a spawn zone for some reasons like not to cause chaos or blockage or damage on spawn.

Therefore i suggest to add the function but with some rules:
-spawn should be set in a wide place not near or on a road.
-spawn should not be set inside of a building or pits garages, nor on top of layout objects.
-spawn should have at least 5 meters of free space both front and back and 2 meters wide in sides
-set at your own risk. No refunds.

I like the idea and would vote yes but most tracks don't have enough empty space to let HGV vehicles be able to set custom spawn points so it's a no from me.
Instead of adding sethome command special for HGV, the spawn locations should be moved closer on the maps. Kyoto is the only map I can think of where the HGV spawn is really far away from everything and I agree it’s pretty annoying, otherwise they are fine.
Reference URL's