[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: - Report - dmrzn (Report Archived by Chuck)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Users Involved

Your LFS Username:Blackmafia.

Their LFS Username(s):dmrzn
Their In-game Nickname(s):dmrzn

Incident Information

Date of Incident:2023/9/10
Time of Incident:
Description of Incident (Include Timestamps):

User has been using our cop NFS skin, Although he has been also notified that Using someone else work or paid-work is not allowed As is shown here

Comparison between NFS skins and those taken by Dmrzn
preview 1
preview 2
Replay time: 41:59

NFS kits and skins are exclusive to NFS members and only allowed to be worn under the tag NFS. However, seeing someone else use our kits or edit them by any means is definitely not alright.

Looking forward to ending this matter

Best Regards,

Evidence

Replay / Screenshot Link(s): https://www.mediafire.com/file/2qfh60iqc...n.rar/file
I am the creator of Need for speed hot pursuit cop skin kit and i gave it to dmrzn because he asked for such style cop skin by showing me picture from nfs game. It was paid work for m3tz but i haven't shared it since then. And because we haven't really discussed whether its going to be private skin or not, i have all the rights to do what i want with the skin.

Also how can you make something private that is not even original design? It's based on another game cop cars design. It's like if someone tried to private a cop car design with Battenburg markings. Sure it's my design so it's 1:1 but if someone else made such skin would you be after them too? Yours have NFS tag on top of the car and dmrzn doesnt have that, similar like TC tag or 6S tag etc.
I got permission from Simox to use the skin and they helped me do it.

I suggest you do your research before reporting.
This report is being reviewed
Please be patient, we will reply shortly.

One note: the skin dmrzn is using does not meet requirements due to the front & rear not including "POLICE" (or visually similar) in large/clear letters.

In terms of permissions/ownership: based on Simox's post above, I don't see a problem.
ok That's similar drama to what happened for 6s When you left the team pulled all your cop skins from them and left them drying out literally they were playing on paint-made skins till recently you gave it back, And by sharing our paid work to someone else who has so Obsession with our designs is definitely not acceptable

When you said you hadn't discussed making the skins private with M3TZ, then why didn't you do so before sending our kits to DMRZN ...., In any case, I think you're a reasonable guy. When M3tz approached you about making skins, the first thing you should have thought was that they were private. M3tz probably did not mention that because he thought you got the idea that they were for team use.

to dmrzn, What's up with your obsession with our design? You are literally copying every design we have made or paid for. Not going to talk about that Corvette kit you made. It's almost identical to ours, but no worries you didn't snatch it, In spite of the fact that there were a lot of designs to choose from on google or Pinterest, you still picked out our design and redid it. The question is, why didn't you come up with a new, unique design of cop style instead of grapping ours?

(2023-09-10 10:00)BP Wrote: [ -> ]In terms of permissions/ownership: based on Simox's post above, I don't see a problem.

theoretically, we do have the rights to retain the kits privately for nfs team since it was paid-off work meaning Sharing it with someone else is a dishonest thing to do, And that would not make us look like a proper team when our kits gets shared out to public use,
I can either take the exterior view or the interior view of a public vehicle. By the way, the Corvette kit you are using is completely different from mine.

If you are so obsessed, if you don't criticize the kits Dlocky makes, you can't interfere with the kits I make either.
(2023-09-10 11:19)dmrzn Wrote: [ -> ]I can either take the exterior view or the interior view of a public vehicle. By the way, the Corvette kit you are using is completely different from mine.

I have no mind about that Honestly and there are no rules that say you can't copy other's work As long you do it by yourself By saying this I meant the cars kits like the Corvette etc, Not the cop skin kit that you took from simox, be bigger than this and start making your own stuff or pay for a unique design instead taking already made team kits that is exclusive under team use

(2023-09-10 11:19)dmrzn Wrote: [ -> ]
If you are so obsessed, if you don't criticize the kits Dlocky makes, you can't interfere with the kits I make either.

Although I am well aware that our work was professionally done and so many people would want it, I can understand that they might copy the same design as long as they don't take our work, And dlocky made by his own *hands* the Lexus + corvette from the ground up, Which we see no problem in it since he build that kits from the scratch I don't believe we have the right to ask not to do?, please stop mentioning outsider people and use them as an excuse to justify yourself

Dlocky is a respected team leader So don't try to harm his reputation
(2023-09-10 10:58)BLACKMAFIA. Wrote: [ -> ]ok That's similar drama to what happened for 6s When you left the team pulled all your cop skins from them and left them drying out literally they were playing on paint-made skins till recently you gave it back, And by sharing our paid work to someone else who has so Obsession with our designs is definitely not acceptable

That's not even close. I simply unuploaded them from lfs.net because there were alot of them and they take space why keep them if i wont be using them. I didnt deny them from using those skins, u talking nonsense. You want me to redraw every pixel of my own work so that it's "new work" or something? I can do that and it will look even better then. Like i said, design is not original, you cant enforce it to be private.

(2023-09-10 10:58)BLACKMAFIA. Wrote: [ -> ]When you said you hadn't discussed making the skins private with M3TZ, then why didn't you do so before sending our kits to DMRZN ...., In any case, I think you're a reasonable guy. When M3tz approached you about making skins, the first thing you should have thought was that they were private. M3tz probably did not mention that because he thought you got the idea that they were for team use.

Some skins that i did of original design were indeed private and i kept them that way, this was just bare cop skin kit (or whatever u wanna call it) that m3tz modified it later himself. When Dmrzn asked me about such skin i thought i could give that to him because i already made it. I know you want to be special but having non original design is nothing special.
[Image: MOMSuHZ.jpeg]

Want me to make that skin for kionig and share publicly? Because i can, because you don't own the design, EA games does.
Why don't you still keep the work private even though you said it by yourself that you kept it private for a certain time why exactly start sharing this work nowadays? Feel free to argue about copyright laws, but you already know that sharing team kits isn't a good idea. That's going to create a whole new level of mess but still, you chose that way and ignored discussing with us About sharing the design with an outsider
Complex topic that is, but the only really relevant question is:
Did Simox create this skin exclusively for m3tz? Yes or No.

If so, then he has no further rights on this. He also may not give it to others or allow others to use it or create derivate works based upon it.

If not, then Simox may indeed give it to others and allow others to make derivate works upon it. He may not own the idea but he owns this particular image.

However, as the idea behind the skin was already taken from somewhere else, nobody here has the rights on that idea, so basically everyone may create a skin based upon that (unless there are other rights forbidding that, i.e. a registered trade mark, etc). However, if you do so, you may not use Simox creation as a base. You have to paint it on your own.

My personal advice: If you want a team skin, create a distinct and unique scheme that is associated with your team. That way, you can make sure that nobody may copy your skins or create similar looking ones.
Well, to conclude this:

After our internal poll regarding the chats between Simox and M3tz over the creation of the skins, 75% of our admins that voted consider the work was created exclusively.

You may have a different opinion, but since no explicit agreement was done, we had no other choice to determine this circumstance.

As a result, Simox should not have given the file to others. We advise Simox to refrain from further sharing and also drmzn from using it. However, we won't take any action against either of them, nor will we go and check every pixel on any similar looking skin if they match up with Simox creation, simply because we have better things to do.

As for the NFS team: I can only repeat my advice from above. Everyone can create a skin that resembles the one in question and if you want a particular paint scheme for your team only, then it should be a original creation. In that case we would indeed prevent others from using it.
No action has been taken as explained
Thank you for your report, it has now been moved to the archives.
Reference URL's