[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: - Users abusing the !report system (Report Archived by Carl)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Users Involved

Your LFS Username:

Their LFS Username(s): P V L
Their In-game Nickname(s): [DS] P V L

Incident Information

Date of Incident: 01 October 2023
Time of Incident: 7pm

Description of Incident (Include Timestamps): 21:33 ; I was chasing a black SUV, followed him at the wrongside of the road, was focused on his car and did not see the traffic coming and crashed PVL headon, even after my apology PVL proceeded to !report me while an admin was online, please note that he did not brake for siren.
I would also like to raise the issue of people using the !report system for minor incidents; this happened with SO Freddy who reported me 2 days ago for a minor accident even though I apologized, the ingame report system needs to be revisited because some people are using it all the time for minor incidents just because they dislike the person.

Evidence

Replay / Screenshot Link(s): https://*PLEASE RE-UPLOAD TO ACCEPTABLE SITE*.co/vba9m13ss5o7/for_redj.mpr.html
Ok, as you really want it be taken up to here. You know you should NOT go WW if

there is traffic. First of all a cop is there to protect and not to kill civilians. Second,

I was going 120kmh, as the speedlimit is, your chase was going even faster I guess.

That adds up to almost 300kmh, we all know there is for sure no siren shown fast enough.

As far as I was told the !report feature is exactly made for situations like this. Not worth

to be taken on a thread at forums but still a small hint what is going on. I cannot have

been the only one using the !report on you for the last days as you made it to community

ban. I tried to tell you on Discord when you were asking, instead you cut me off.
Please let an admin handle this thank you.
This report is being reviewed
Please be patient, we will reply shortly.

(2023-10-01 19:11)P V L Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, as you really want it be taken up to here. You know you should NOT go WW if

there is traffic. First of all a cop is there to protect and not to kill civilians. Second,

I was going 120kmh, as the speedlimit is, your chase was going even faster I guess.

That adds up to almost 300kmh, we all know there is for sure no siren shown fast enough.

As far as I was told the !report feature is exactly made for situations like this. Not worth

to be taken on a thread at forums but still a small hint what is going on. I cannot have

been the only one using the !report on you for the last days as you made it to community

ban. I tried to tell you on Discord when you were asking, instead you cut me off.

If you had some common sense, the fact that I apologized to you and you didnt lose your trip, should've made you pit and keep enjoying the game. But it appears to be the new trend to jump to reporting nowadays, you and the people like you will eventually make people hate TC instead of enjoying it.
Hi,

Provided is the image of the reported incident, with a drawing to show the correct way and also the wrong way.

[Image: PCA0tlX.png]

Let's looks at what the rules say:

Quote:1.3. Drive on the correct side of the road.
Driving on the wrong side is tolerated for short periods of time and as long nobody else gets disturbed or endangered. This includes the wrong usage of one-way roads. Crashes due to this will be treated as ramming.

Sure, you might have apologised. if "sr" could even be considered an apology, quite possibly the most "I don't care" apology I have seen. It is not even known in the English language as an abbreviation.

Now let's look at what the rules say about reporting rule breakers:

Quote:2. In-game reports (!report) / card system
You can report rule-breakers anonymously with the command !report. Such reports should be used for everyday incidents, i.e. crashing or ignoring sirens and other signals. You should !report when you think that any of these are true:

The offender is not sorry for breaking the rules
The offender does not improve despite being told about the rules
The offence was severe

PVL could possibly not know what is "sr"
The offence is also quite severe, his car was pretty much destroyed.

You might feel like there is a problem with our !report system, but we have 100+ players who can drive here without having the same issues as you. Your URS is full of the same !reports regarding crashing into people, so I would say that it is working fully as intended.

I think you are lucky that more severe action was not taken. Please play better as COP and check your map - this incident will be recorded on your record for future reference.

No action taken against PVL - Report was totally valid.

No action has been taken as explained
Thank you for your report, it has now been moved to the archives.
Reference URL's