[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: TC BeamNG server suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 652322b534b43-screenshot_2023-10-07_19-31-24.png]

Just opening a thread where we can share idea's about this new TC citydriving testing server for BeamNG Multiplayer. It's such a joy to meet with you guys in the world of a proper car sim. It makes cruising/racing/chases so much more enjoyable with realistic physics. However, as some of you know, BeamNG Multiplayer is not for everyone accessible graphics wize. It's not fun if 10 vehicles are spawned and your fps drops to that same number. Not everyone here has 128GB ram and the lastest nvidea biturbo 8090gti AMG graphics card. So if we (or actually the TC team/Chuck) want to make this new server thing into a stable feature in the TC community, I think there need to be set some boundies to the server to make it work properly.

For instance:
- Max 5 to 10 players in the server
More players can make it more chaotic, especially when people change/customize their car every minute.
- Max 1 vehicle per player
This makes it better to handle on medium spec PC's.
- TC rules also apply here
So I won't be a mess where everyone can just do whatever he wants. No insults, no racism, etc. etc..
- Admin rights to tc admen
I think it would also be good if admins from the lfs/general department can also be admin here, to keep watch on us playing. And maybe keep a look on the chat and see if its all going well. Kick/ban rights should then also be given to those admen.
- Whitelisted server
For instance with a section on the forum where you can apply to be added to the whitelist for TC beamMP. Maybe even like "yes i agree with rules/commonsense".
IMO it would be better the people on the server are verified as people who can drive normal. Sure a bit of messing is fun, but that is when others are ok with that too. Not when, for instance, you are doing a chase without nametags (to make it more realistic) and you communicate with your "collegues", and all is well. But then some random dude joins the server and starts messing, like crashing into us with 300kmh, or plowing the rocket bus into us or something. This is bad and this server should have more or less the same mentality as the tc servers on LFS. That means -> normal citydriving, realistic police chases, no full headon chrashes intentionally.

So, I've talked alot. Let's hope this new TC beamMP server will stay and get improved.

But what are your thoughts? Feel free to write them down below!

[Image: 652322c3cf86b-screenshot_2023-10-07_19-37-23.png]
+1 I think beamng is super fun and would love to have a TC server for it. Or maybe it can be used for special occasions like Friday nights someone can host a car meet or an off-roading expedition. Nice suggestion!
First, people shouldn't be creating cars in the server (make the car outside server and save your config and load it in server)
Second, 5-10 max players isn't a good idea, if your having trouble maintaining fps lower the settings or select simplified collisions (if everyone selects this then it acts like ghost mode)
Third, The maps are to big for no name tags, I do not support it. You'll get people complaining they cannot find anyone.

Chuck - If you have any questions about how to use insims and or uploading mods to the server if we ever do let me know. I ran a server for acouple of years and have a bit of knowledge.

Other Notes - Install server Cobalt essentials ( this allows server votes for kicking people - randoms)
If you have a random who is crashing, spectate their car and go to vehicles and click delete.
It will delete that car for that person and will no longer affect you if he crashes into you.
I'll install that mod later.

But what about the name tags? Did anyone complain? Everyone can turn them off or on for themselves in the options.

Furthermore, there are options for simplified physics and also simplified models. Keep checking the available options, they probably improved over time as things develop.
(2023-10-10 04:49)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]I'll install that mod later.

But what about the name tags? Did anyone complain? Everyone can turn them off or on for themselves in the options.

Furthermore, there are options for simplified physics and also simplified models. Keep checking the available options, they probably improved over time as things develop.

Chuck the simplified crash physics (if everyone checks this it makes it ghost mode)
You don't want this selected if your doing chases otherwise those who have it marked on can easily plow through those who have it marked off.

Name tags can be selected off per person.
how about instead of a whitelist, just a password to connect? So the password can be found on the forums or something. It can even be changed every now and then.
There is no password function.
Reference URL's