[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Cop rights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I got the idea, that the player could be the police to at least 40-50 km, would not it better? Not only because the police are mostly ignorant with 5000 km but also because it often enough that the server has too many police officers. What do you think?

-Lajfa
(2012-07-05 11:06)lajfa Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I got the idea, that the player could be the police to at least 40-50 km, would not it better? Not only because the police are mostly ignorant with 5000 km but also because it often enough that the server has too many police officers. What do you think?

-Lajfa

Not quite sure what you're suggesting. If you are suggesting what I think you are, it doesn't make sense because I think you are trying to say the amount of KMs to be a cop should be decreased to 40-50km, and one of the reasons is because the server has too many officers, well if it's decreased there'd be even more?

Unless I've got the wrong message out of this.
Yes, when is on server 32 players from which 12 cop's is quite strange isn't it?
How would reducing the KMs needed to be a cop help with being less cops? It would actually increase the amount. And unfortunately, you can't stop being from being a cop. And it's possibly because of the recruitment that people want to practice being a cop in advanced for their potential tests. (Just taking a stab there)
Because 75% cops now have max. 30 000 KMs. Ok, but i think it will be better. Smile
Lafja, what your saying doesnt really make sense :/
@BP I think lajfa's talking about smth else.
When you join the server and want to be a cop you need to drvie 50km and than you can change a tag for [cop] xxxxx.
This could be even not so bad.
I'm tired too about 12-15 police officers at server :/ (fe Montana, Kyoto)

edit:
i was wrong.
So... Lajfa - ur idea is totally useless...
How you want to be a cop if you dont know how "it goes" on [TC] ?
(2012-07-05 11:29)porez Wrote: [ -> ]@BP I think lajfa's talking about smth else.
When you join the server and want to be a cop you need to drvie 50km and than you can change a tag for [cop] xxxxx.
This could be even not so bad.
I'm tired too about 12-15 police officers at server :/ (fe Montana, Kyoto)

edit:
i was wrong.
So... Lajfa - ur idea is totally useless...
How you want to be a cop if you dont know how "it goes" on [TC] ?

I don't really understand what Lajfa means but there shouldn't be any restrictions to cops at all (in terms of if there's too many online already). I mean, if there's too many robbers it doesn't make people go cop does it? Smile
Just on server is too much police. I think that is better more robbers than cop's.
I think i understand now. Lafja, to be a cop on the servers you have to drive 2,000km so im guessin you didnt know that ?
I know ! Biggrin But 2000km you can get in 3 days. So it is really little.
It's 2500, and it used to be 1000. I doubt it would increase past 2500 but it could be nice because cops even with that amount of kilometres are inexperienced. But that would happen for KMs way beyond 2500, I reckon.
Yes i know. A lot of new player want to be cop. So they get 2500KMs soon. I think that cop should have a lot of KMs.

It was only idea Wink
It doesn't matter if a new player drives 1000 km or 10.000 km , if he never copped before he wont be any bether.
by the time they have 2,500km to cop they should have a good idea of the rules and also they should have a decent car to give them a decent chance during chases, now allowing someone to cop after 50km means they will have no decent car and they probably wont even know the rules.
Distance driven means nothing really. I am sure there are drivers on [TC] who have kept their heads down and driven around to get the KMs, took a quick crash course and subsequently lost their cop rights lol

So in some ways, distance doesnt essentially mean they have learned a thing other than to noob around and race about.
The 2500km is there so that, in theory, the cop will have a minimum level of experience with TC servers and the layouts. This means that they should have some clue about how our system works, which way the track goes and hopefully the ability to not crash immediately - nothing more.
Reference URL's