[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: How cars should be rented?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Chuck made an interesting change to a couple of the recent cars which were added to the dealer.

[Image: cTqUKfU.png]

The dealer does not have any rentable versions of these cars, which means a player must buy the car and make it available for rent.

What is your preference, answer in the poll above.

A. I would like the primary rent method to be from the Dealer, then real players if no cars are available.

B. I would like the primary rent method to be from real players, entirely occupying the market with no influence from AI.
From what I understand now, and forgive me if I got it wrong, with the current system the TC dealer doesn't offer any rentals anymore? But what if a mod is not even on the dealer? How can it then be driven then if no one can own it?

Also, if you have a few rare vehicles, or vehicles that rarely anyone uses, someone could just buy it and put it up for rent for insanely high rates? Like monopoly.

IMO there should be also tc dealer rentals to have a reference to normal rent prices/rates.
I see the dealer cars as a fail-safe. I'd rather get a fail-safe.
(2023-12-29 10:25)Marty_Deslions Wrote: [ -> ]From what I understand now, and forgive me if I got it wrong, with the current system the TC dealer doesn't offer any rentals anymore? But what if a mod is not even on the dealer? How can it then be driven then if no one can own it?

These mods would just have to be rentable from dealer like they are now

Quote:Also, if you have a few rare vehicles, or vehicles that rarely anyone uses, someone could just buy it and put it up for rent for insanely high rates? Like monopoly.

That's the market, i bet if others saw someone else doing lots of cash with renting one car out they would buy it also and set it up for rent, which in turn will keep lowering the prices Smile

I kinda like the idea of not having dealer rent out but i'm worried there will eventually be situation where some of the cars wont be driveable as people wont buy them to rent
Ok I already ran into some problem. I wanted to take this smol peugeot gti out for checking the lights and stuff, but the inslm wouldn't let me because there is only 1 rental car and it was currently taken.

[Image: 658eead2d8284-xvxcsfd.png]

I would very much like to see a TC Dealer rental for cars that are not being put up for rent alot, like this example.
I support Chuck's latest system. I think the system should be like this. This system provides us, the players, with more playing space.

The fact that the vehicle is unique makes it rare. Something that is rare is expensive. 90% of people using this forum have xmas coupons.
If no one has rented the car you want to use or if you find the rental fee too high but you still want to use that car a lot, you buy the car, it's that simple.

Everyone should not worry about the prices going up, I noticed that the players playing on this server are not NPCs.

I want to tell you about a situation I experienced.
I have a special FZ8 with its Ramp and winch.
Players were constantly using my fz8 for normal driving or police chases.
After increasing the price of the vehicle, no one used it anymore.

Therefore, support making money for players instead of making money for the system.
(2023-12-29 15:53)Marty_Deslions Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I already ran into some problem. I wanted to take this smol peugeot gti out for checking the lights and stuff, but the inslm wouldn't let me because there is only 1 rental car and it was currently taken.

That's not really a problem, it's a feature intended. In that situation you could've bought the car, and set it up as rental as there seems to be demand for it, and make some money in progress Wink
It seems people are leaning towards wanting every single car available 100% of the time.

Honestly I like the idea of cars being rare to own/drive and when one is rented, the renter sees a greater benefit and their purchase feels much more worth it. At least if they were to buy it with renting in-mind.

This below explains what I mean too

(2023-12-29 17:02)Petsu Wrote: [ -> ]That's not really a problem, it's a feature intended. In that situation you could've bought the car, and set it up as rental as there seems to be demand for it, and make some money in progress Wink
Realistically it's a very good excuse to use the Advent Calender vouchers too - I've bought a couple of those 1.6 things and a 2.5tdi Audi A4 purely to rent.

Passive income bay-bee
I voted for both available as the insim rents out for reference + 50%.

This way people can see my rent price is fair. Marty, be aware insim

rent would be 1.87€/km, would you still dot it for more than 1 km ?
(2023-12-30 06:41)P V L Wrote: [ -> ]I voted for both available as the insim rents out for reference + 50%.

This way people can see my rent price is fair. Marty, be aware insim

rent would be 1.87€/km, would you still dot it for more than 1 km ?

This could still be done without the dealer offering the cars for rent? It could just be a background calcuation which is still visible so players can see if it's fair or not.
I think the dealer should have at least ONE of each car in the dealer list for rent at any given time, at the euro/km rate chuck set based off its value. He added some cars to the dealer and sadly I couldn't drive one because there were 0 cars available.
I guess people just want to jump into cars as an when they please for the most part. But my desire to actually save money and buy my own car is very low, I can pretty much drive any car I want. I'm not really losing any money, infact i'm gaining using only 1 car.

I don't think a rent culture should exist like that. Primary method of driving should be the cars you own now tbh. People just want to save up all their money and not spend it on anything?

I guess it would be a good idea to see some stats of who is actually buying the cars as they're reaching the dealer. Without knowing, I suspect very little people.
I changed my vote to real players only. I'm starting to like the idea of realism, exclusiveness and feeling, that you are driving your very own car or driving a real persons car. Also something for all the rich players to spend money on.
Reference URL's