[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: STDRENT quantities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, when the new renting system came out, there were 6 stdrent cars available to use, well now we are down to 5 because one died, and this can be kind of chaotic when there are 40 players in the server.

My suggestion would be to increase this number to 10, and have the cars auto replaced when one dies. That way we can all enjoy rentals without the having to wait for one to free up.

Thanks.
(2024-01-19 01:24)Felipe Jardim Wrote: [ -> ]So, when the new renting system came out, there were 6 stdrent cars available to use, well now we are down to 5 because one died, and this can be kind of chaotic when there are 40 players in the server.

My suggestion would be to increase this number to 10, and have the cars auto replaced when one dies. That way we can all enjoy rentals without the having to wait for one to free up.

Thanks.

I think this might be part of the idea to get control of rental inventory over to the community. Since it takes some time to get cars processed into the dealer, each new whitelisted mod gets 5 freebie rentals, each has a lifespan. I think this is the idea but i'm not sure.

Once these are used, it's up to the community to buy the cars and rent them out (assuming it's been added to the dealer at that point).

tgif:)
I get the point of why the new system was put in place the way it is. And it makes sense, but it only applies to cars in dealer, not the STDRENT cars that can't be purchased. This only applies to cars that are whitelisted but not in dealer. We have a shortage of STDRENT cars.
There should be enough stock now
sorry for the bump but i guess some are dead from wear, we have 5 cars again and they are all taken again on peak server times
Needs more, or simply auto add every std rent car ti the dealer, so there will always be possibility for using it.
(2024-01-30 22:56)bayanofmansorofisky Wrote: [ -> ]Needs more, or simply auto add every std rent car ti the dealer, so there will always be possibility for using it.

You are aware that STDRENT type is only *one* type insim wise?

Anyway, they should be re-stocked now.
(2024-01-31 06:07)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]You are aware that STDRENT type is only *one* type insim wise?

I still don't understand how when one player is using a car, i can't use a different car, it says that it is used by that player, for example

Benray using "S2000" didn't allow me to join with "Diamond" it said vehicle is in use by Ben while he is in a different mod.. Same for all 5 slots
All cars that are not in the dealer are attached to the STDRENT cardef
(2024-01-31 06:07)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]
(2024-01-30 22:56)bayanofmansorofisky Wrote: [ -> ]Needs more, or simply auto add every std rent car ti the dealer, so there will always be possibility for using it.

You are aware that STDRENT type is only *one* type insim wise?

Talking to a few of the boys a few nights ago, one of them brought up a good point/suggestion. Why not make all STDRENTS infinite lifespan so this isn't a reoccurring issue?
Bit of a bump

But tonight after joining I noticed all 7 STDRENT vins were taken. This happened another time recently too.

I'm guessing I'm not the only player stumbling upon this problem?

P.S. @Admin, if u dont like me to bump this thread, I could also make a new thread about this. It's not too big of an issue for me.
Chuck, give the stdrents a long lifespan like 30,000 km and high speed and damage resistance so you don't have to keep adding them every week
I noticed it's currently 20, so the issue should be solved for now.

Tslm Chuck
Reference URL's