[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: How do YOU keep your sanity during a long drive?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just wanted to know what others do to not get bored.

Personally, I listen to music while i drive. Wink Thumbup1
Listen music too loud to get sleep lol
Music fo sho,

and it always helps to stop and get a big mac or smthn
Music/podcasts and a good amount of stretching in the car.
Floor it for a bit Smile
Funny, I must be the only one who is not tired at all when driving long distances. I have no idea how to do it, but i guess driving for a long period is the best form to keep my senses high.

And i totally forget about good music. Smile
Have a passenger.
(2012-07-09 17:04)Priit Wrote: [ -> ]Funny, I must be the only one who is not tired at all when driving long distances. I have no idea how to do it, but i guess driving for a long period is the best form to keep my senses high.

You're not alone with this. Smile
I haven't really driven long distances myself, just few hours around the city.. That didn't get me other than a foot cramp.

On 4h long distance trips I'm usually the passenger so I got nothing to do but sit and watch so I sleep or read >_>
I'm completely okay with sitting for hours and looking at the road. No problem. Good music is a nice plus, or maybe a good radio show (those are rare nowadays)
Never really had a problem with it and i especially like doing that in the night. Longest trip was around 1200km.
Driving a restricted Scooter on a busy Main Road at 30 kph over an hour keeps you alive Tongue
(2012-07-09 19:34)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]Never really had a problem with it and i especially like doing that in the night. Longest trip was around 1200km.

My longest was around 2000 km , only thing I had was some old music that kept me alive Biggrin
10 hours on the road, only stopped for lunch, had a little music, push the seat right back and put the wheel right down, and watch the fuel slowly decrease Laugh
How did you spend 10 hours on the road in this country? (I should rephrase that to where were you going so it sounds less sarcastic..)
Think my longest stint was 11hours none stop except for fuel coming back from Austria to the ferry, 1200 or so km
Plymouth to Dundee, had lots of traffic on the way up (hence 10 hours), and on the way back accidentally did it in about 7 1/2. Which is an average speed of 80. Shame my parents worked it out.

Oh, and I got lost in Glasgow on the way up too Laugh
I did Brisbane to Melbourne in one sitting once, 20+ hours of constant driving, 1600 odd km
Learned that my cruise control tops out at 160 (miss that car)

I find an arm out the window in the cold air to have it blast in your face is a good trick to staying alive

of course that doesn't work with LFS so I rely on TS and good tunes
On LFS it's giving the driver infront of me a friendly bump. Guess I can't do that irl. Tongue
(2012-07-09 22:35)Tommer Wrote: [ -> ]On LFS it's giving the driver infront of me a friendly bump. Guess I can't do that irl. Tongue

You sure could, but expect the reaction to be a bit more fired up than in LFS. Smile
Have someone stay wake with you irl, talking to you about dumb stuff. Keeps you up.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's