[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Nostalgia Racing Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Most of us have also played other racing games, and have some good memories of them. Now with the mods, you can basicly drive cars that you used to drive in older games, and enjoy them in LFS/TC. But what if we took it one step further and made a retro tournament event? afaik there hasn't been a TC event recently, and this might be an interesting idea.

Here is what I mean, what if there will be races, where each type of race will be themed in a certain kind of classic game. Say for instance, NFS Underground. So the track will be one that looks as mostly like the map/track used in NFS Underground. The cars will be the ones that look like Underground cars, with optional crazy colors/skins, as was cool back in the day.

[Image: 65fefc45723ee-NostalagiaRace2.png]

Or let's take NFS Hot Pursuit 2 for instance (and this is basicly what started this idea for me, the Corvette Z5 mod). When you drive on Fernbay, it reminded me of that map used in NFSHP2. (sidenote, see my lfs forum post about this: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/106399 ). Now add some stereotypical American police units, and the NFSHP2 soundtrack, and there you have it.

[Image: 65fefc57ae2f7-NostalagiaRace3.png]

Of course the kind of races can be adapted to fit the boundries of LFS/TC, and we can even make some adaptations, for instance adding police units. We can also add some cars that look like or could be in a particular game, but weren't there originally.(for instance a Peugeot 106 to the NFSU race instead of the Peugeot 206). And for performance differences between vehicles we can require people with certain cars to use a certain amount of intake restriction to make all the cars more equal. And if some original games were know for having stuff laying around on the road where you could drive through, or certain ramps, we can also include that in the layout.

So yeah that's about it, please let me know what you think this whole idea.

And also, what other "classic" games would you like to see in a this Nostalia Racing Event?

[Image: 65fefc3b2d245-NostalagiaRace1.png]
Reference URL's