[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Just dropping in...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, just thought I'd drop in and say hello, that's if you remember me Tongue (Oldies should Smile) Just wanted to give you guys a little update on how my training is going in the RAF. I'm really close to the end of it now and am due to graduate in September. As of next week I'll be doing around 3 weeks of consolidation exercises for everything I have done throughout my ICT Technician course. This involves setting up radar and radio communications in a mock operational environment, in other words camping out in tents with rifles and pressing buttons Smile We'll also be maintaining servers and setting up routers, switches and other devices to create some sort of network, where our instructors will come and 'fault' it, and we'll be expected to fix it (hopefully) Tongue

Last week I found out I'll be posted to RAF Leeming which is in North Yorkshire, Northallerton. Not sure if any of you UK guys live near there? Not entirely sure on the job I'll be doing here but this is the place where our trade (ICT Techs) are trained ready to go on operations like Afghan, where we'll provide and maintain communications for the people out there or similar. I'm sure it'll be an experience Tongue

Last weekend I was at RAF Fairford for the Royal International Air Tattoo helping out marshalling and stuff, anyone go to that by any chance?
OMG hey Alex!
It's really nice to hear from you. I'm glad everything's going well with your RAF training. Good luck for the future mate. Biggrin
Can't believe it's over a year now since you left GLOW. =(
Hope you remember me Biggrin
Haha of course I do Tongue

If I ever get back into LFS I'll definitely be returning to glow Smile
Oh hey Alex. Sounds interesting with the RAF Smile
Hello alex,

I've seen you around a year ago, saw you left, and oh my the time is flying..
Everything changed here and it's all difirent now..
I dont know you to well, but I know what you are doing and how the progress is going about you situation and RAF.
Sounds intresting, for me, you could keep us updated about whats happening if posible.

Nice you've dropped by and told us this, thanks, seeya around!
Yoooo good luck with the training
Good to hear everything's going as planned Biggrin You're only 50~ miles away from me, don't know of any other people near you other than perhaps Jason (Mongoose) who iirc is nearer Leeds Smile

If you ever do get back to LFS, just put the tag back on Tongue
Howdy Alex!

Nice that it's going its way. Keep it up!
Nice to hear from you again Wink

Good work becoming an IT technician, you'll have a nice secure job for as long as you need it.

I was going to go to the RIAT but my lift pulled out at the last minute Sad
(2012-07-11 21:19)Vee Wrote: [ -> ]Good to hear everything's going as planned Biggrin You're only 50~ miles away from me, don't know of any other people near you other than perhaps Jason (Mongoose) who iirc is nearer Leeds Smile

Surprised someone remembers me too Biggrin

Alex, nice to have an update from you. Not been on LFS for ages, and Ive kinda stopped comming on here. Maybe I should, a lot has gone on with me car hehe, took it down the srag strip and getting some new rims this weekend.

Im in Leeds (10points Vee!) not too far from it. Would be good to meet up actually Smile Might have to come on here more.

Well done and good for you doing something good for the country and yourself

Jay
(2012-07-11 21:19)Vee Wrote: [ -> ]Good to hear everything's going as planned Biggrin You're only 50~ miles away from me, don't know of any other people near you other than perhaps Jason (Mongoose) who iirc is nearer Leeds Smile

Who put you in charge!? Haha Tongue

Yeah Jay might have to sort something out Thumbup1
Sorry, you're not welcome back in glow.
You still aren't welcome Special, it doesn't stop you!

Well done Alex, sounds like an exciting job! Good luck
(2012-07-12 18:55)Special Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, you're not welcome back in glow.

Heart
I'm quite sure you were still around when I joined the server last summer, as a [GLOW] Alex Tongue

I never really knew you but good to see you're alive and maybe coming back to servers some day Smile

Also good luck with your training Thumbup1
Reference URL's