[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Flappy's as Indicators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hiya guys,

Wondering if anybodies made a script to turn the flappy paddles on a g25/27 into indicators?

I'm looking for one where the first press turns it on, second off, kinda like the toggle horn script for cops - I would adjust said script to do this but I've no idea how this would work when it's a wheel button being pressed

Thanks for your help Tongue
On the logitech profiler, make 3 new commands - indicate left, indicate right, and stop indicators. Bind them to pressing 7, 8 and 0. Then for the paddle, create a new cyclic command (IIRC) with indicate left, stop - for left paddle, and indicate right, stop - for the right paddle.

Limitation - if you indicate right, you have to use the right paddle to stop it, or else you will end up indicating the wrong way - and making them both stop buttons until another is pressed. There is probably a more complex way to do it to stop this - but I don't have the profiler right now.
(2012-07-20 12:27)ZsoLT Wrote: [ -> ]Canceling turn signals + Audible indicators
Thats exactly what i use for my G27 flappy's and works great Smile
(2012-07-20 13:42)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-20 12:27)ZsoLT Wrote: [ -> ]Canceling turn signals + Audible indicators
Thats exactly what i use for my G27 flappy's and works great Smile

I use it as well for my G25.
Ill search tom he's thread for this..

There is a simple indecator program wich turns it on on your command what ever button you want.. and it automaticly sturns off after the corner..

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=3058 Boeeshhyaawh.. there you go.
Scripts only, no profiler/external software required.

Indicator can be cancelled by pressing the original button again, or changed by pressing another indicator button.

Full indicators (left on/off,right on/off) with only 2 buttons, optionally hazards as well with 3 buttons total.

Left/Right indicators.

These use Alt+F5 & Alt+F6 for left & right respectively.
In LFS control options, set Alt+F5 to "//PadIndLeftOn" and assign your wheel button for left.
Set Alt+F6 to "//PadIndRightOn" and assign your wheel button for right.

Script Contents (Click to View)

Optional: 4-way hazards.
Uses Alt+F8. Works with and requires the normal indicator scripts.
In LFS control options, set Alt+F8 to "//IndOn" and assign your wheel button for hazards.

Script Contents (Click to View)

To use different Alt+Fx/Ctrl+Fx numbers, change the LFS controls and scripts as needed to /altf x or /ctrlf x.

Currently:
/altf 5 = left
/altf 6 = right
/altf 8 = hazards

All script files attached.

LFS Controls Example (Click to View)
i posted a simple one here abuot 2 months ago...
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=3058
(2012-07-20 19:55)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]i posted a simple one here abuot 2 months ago...
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=3058

And we was all writing all sorts of stupid scripts years ago, what's your point?

Found a loophole with the scripting system that would let you spam the server constantly with no further input required, and if I had upped the number of "somethings" then maybe could cause some issues online.

Scawen was told about it, way back when, so it should be fixed now. Bet it isn't though.

Honourable mention, anyone remember Street's one button chase script? Smile
it dont have the loophole, it just does indicators and thats it no, no shit goin to lfs, so dont cry lol
u just set the button, set the degree it turns off and when u wanna turn, inicator to where u wanna go and as u straighting whell up it turns off, no spam on server or lfs...
(2012-07-20 20:45)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]it dont have the loophole, it just does indicators and thats it no, no *Removed* goin to lfs, so dont cry lol
u just set the button, set the degree it turns off and when u wanna turn, inicator to where u wanna go and as u straighting whell up it turns off, no spam on server or lfs...

Errr what? You might want to learn some comprehension skills.

Edit: I wasn't talking about your thing having any loopholes, I am saying that there exists a loophole in the LFS scripting that could probably be abused. As I said, Scawen knows of it.
How is said loophole of any relevance at all to this thread?
Reference URL's