[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Sandisk Cruzer Fit USB Flash Drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I just bought a new USB Stick, since I lost my old one and figured I might as well do a review on it here Thumbup.

I decided to go for the Sandisk Cruzer Fit, as it's small and convenient, but still has space for large files or lots of pictures or music (Or anything else that'll fit on 16 Gigs really..Rolleyes)

I bought this at a store for 169 DKK, which equals to about 17£, 28$, or 22€.

I could've got it a bit cheaper, but then I'd have to wait for it over the weekends, which I'm too impatient for Tongue

In the packaging, it looks like this:

[Image: zghV4l.jpg]

Once (finally) unwrapped, it looks like this. (Compared it to the Logitech Nano reciever. USB stick at left, Logitech reciever at right.)

[Image: GvzNwl.jpg]

[Image: JZn5tl.jpg]

[Image: wtHu0l.jpg]

As you can see, it is slightly smaller than a Logitech Nano Reciever, which is quite remarkable, for a 16GB USB stick. One thing I would like to have seen on this model, was SuperSpeed USB 3.0. This model is only a High-Speed USB 2.0.

This is what it looks like in a USB port:

[Image: tv4Rpl.jpg]

I tested the read/write speeds of the Cruzer Fit.
My avg. reading speeds from the Cruzer Fit, was about 25 MBps, maxing out at 32 MBps.
My avg. writing speeds from the Cruzer Fit, was 4,3 MBps, maxing out at 5.4 MBps.

Pretty decent speeds for a USB 2.0 device.

Time for some pros and cons on the Sandisk Cruzer Fit.

+ Cheap
+ Spacious
+ Can be left in the USB port, even though laptop is in a case/sleeve/backpack etc.
+ Fast reading speed

- Only running High-Speed USB 2.0. Would've loved to see SuperSpeed USB 3.0 here.
- A bit slow writing speed for a USB 2.0 Device.

So yeah, all in all, it's a pretty nice product, which I'm more than pleased with, considering it's low price tag.

That's all I've got for now.
Thanks for reading Smile

- Cola
Wow, It's kinda crazy that you can fit 16 gigs of space in such a small thing! Tongue Meh, technology is getting better and better everyday. Wink
nice review Smile
(2012-07-20 14:43)Aus Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, It's kinda crazy that you can fit 16 gigs of space in such a small thing! Tongue Meh, technology is getting better and better everyday. Wink

Indeed it is. When I was at the store, and I saw it, I really didn't actually believe it in the beginning xD

(2012-07-20 15:10)Adam Wrote: [ -> ]nice review Smile

Thank you Smile
Reference URL's