[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Turtle Beaches?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, my old sony headphones recently broke so I'm looking to buy some new ones. I want a headset with a mic so i could talk on skype etc.

I did some searching and found these

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/ps3-...e-p11.aspx

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/ps3-...-px21.aspx

and i'm wondering if they are any good.

(the reason i'm getting PS3 ones is because i would like to use them for the PS3 and PC. Rolleyes )

So i'm wondering, are they any good? If not can you recommend ones that are:

1. around $50 to $100
2. good quality (for music etc)
3. works for PC (added bonus if it works for ps3 too W00t )

thanks

Ive got the x12's they are awesome Tongue
I bought the turtle beach x1's few years ago to use with my Xbox. Used them mainly on COD4/COD5, best headset I've ever bought and insane bass!

I got myself some Sony MDR 500 Heavy Bass headphones, and they are nothing compared to the turtle beaches. Can't imagine how the newer models / x4's sound!
I had (have) the PX21s and they were the most amazing headset ever... well, until they died. Would not recommend to anyone I liked. Their warranty service isn't amazing either. It could just be a faulty one, but mine died with a couple months of usage (< 3 months), which isn't what I paid for.
Hmm, I'm thinking about getting the turtle beaches, but I don't want to waste $80. Ohmy

Are any of the sennheiser products any good? Oh wait, i don't see any over-the-ear ones within my price range. I guess you get what you pay for. Tongue

(EDIT) Was reading the reviews for the Px21's. All say they're good. I guess if it breaks then that's why theres a warranty... Unless there is none?
Bro had the model worth about the £160 mark and they are unbelievable!
Just looked around the house and found 20% off coupon for the electronics store. W00t
(2012-08-10 22:13)Aus Wrote: [ -> ](EDIT) Was reading the reviews for the Px21's. All say they're good. I guess if it breaks then that's why theres a warranty... Unless there is none?

Yeah there's a 1 year warranty. I'm just a bit upset they broke on me.
Ive got a pair of X11's, which are the cheaper ones of the bunch (and quite old now). Had them for a good year and a half and have never had a problem. Mic quality is awesome and sound is awesome. Im assuming the newer models are better, so year they're awesome!
Reference URL's