[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Disable vote to end race or restart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I was AFK on TC one today with very phew users online. At some point someone decided to vote end race, and removed me off the start grid. The consecuence was that I lost the trip i was saving. The trip was only 50 kms, but my suggestion is to disable the vote end race or restart race because this could happen with a much longer trip, and it can be very dissapointing.

Thanks for considering this suggestion,

JoaquĆ­n.
You don't lose your trip when someone votes to restart or end the race. Just rejoin the track, and you'll get your trip back.
If someone votes to end race, and removes you from start grid, you loose your trip.
I don't think you lose your trip even when that happens. I'll take a look though.
AFAIK, there's no option in LFS to disable race end/restart voting - I've had a quick scan of the config and commands.txt and can't find anything. The closest options are:
Quote:/vote=no :no / yes : can guests vote to kick or ban
/select=no :no / yes : can guests select track
which are both disabled.

If anyone deliberately causes a session end or restart, please report them and they'll be dealt with.
Couldn't insim be taught how to kick the offenders?
Probably.

Might be easier to just make the InSim cancel the vote (TINY_VTC - VoTe Cancel) whenever someone votes who shouldn't (IS_VTN - VoTe Notification)

Wouldn't be a fool-proof solution, but would sort out most potential issues.
You do get kicked from the server if you add an AI to the grid. Dunno if that helps lol.
(2012-08-11 22:22)Elmo Wrote: [ -> ]Probably.

Might be easier to just make the InSim cancel the vote (TINY_VTC - VoTe Cancel) whenever someone votes who shouldn't (IS_VTN - VoTe Notification)

Wouldn't be a fool-proof solution, but would sort out most potential issues.

If there is 1 out of 2 persons voting, its already too late. That 3 second countdown that appears is only about the restart process, not about the vote. So, the "most dangerous" situation cant be dealt by Insim. However, the general function could be useful, we will see by how much.
(2012-08-11 22:15)Nipper Wrote: [ -> ]Couldn't insim be taught how to kick the offenders?
What if someone accidentally votes to end race. I know occasionally I accidentally press shift+x when I mean to press shift+s to spectate.
Quote:// A vote got called
private void VTN_VoteNotify(Packets.IS_VTN VTN)
{
try
{
if (VTN.Action == Enums.VTN_Actions.VOTE_RESTART)
{
foreach (clsConnection i in Connections)
{
InSim.Send_MST_Message("/cv ");
}
}
if (VTN.Action == Enums.VTN_Actions.VOTE_END)
{
foreach (clsConnection i in Connections)
{
InSim.Send_MST_Message("/cv ");
}
}
}
catch { }
}
#endregion
It's possible that when someone votes a restart (SHIFT+R) , or end vote (SHIFT+X)
Insim cancels it.
(2012-08-12 06:09)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]If there is 1 out of 2 persons voting, its already too late. That 3 second countdown that appears is only about the restart process, not about the vote. So, the "most dangerous" situation cant be dealt by Insim. However, the general function could be useful, we will see by how much.

The VTN is sent whenever anyone votes (and includes the ID of the connection doing the voting) - VTA (VoTe Action) is the one that's sent when the restart/end countdown actually happens.

insim.h, 0.6B/InSim5 changlog Wrote:IS_VTC now cancels game votes even if the majority has not been reached
If the InSim sends a VTC whenever it receives a VTN, it should prevent any votes actually counting, therefore no majority is reached to initiate an end/restart - unless enough people manage to vote before the lag catches up.
Reference URL's