[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Good Free Anti-virus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Just restored my old PC and upgraded it to Win7 for work.

Basically looking for free anti-virus software and just wanting someone help on choosing a decent piece of software and wondering which one(s) are currently worth D/Ling.

Josh.
Microsoft security essentials is pretty good
I'm using avast! free since I had XP
Was always satisfied with it Wink
I use avast, it has never picked a single thing up, although it has blocked a few malicious URLs. Either I have no viruses whatsoever or something's overridden Avast and made it return clear results Tongue

Malwarebytes is good too.
AVG 2012 ftw very gd
Been solved, went with Comodo Internet Security.
I'm pretty sure, Elmo, Street and I would recommend COMODO to anyone wanting a good antivirus software.

It just so happens to be free which is great news!

> COMODO Firewall, Antivirus & Internet Security <
Yeah, i would recommend Microsoft Security Essentials, together with Commodo Firewall.
I bloody hate comodo, it is soo annoying Tongue
I use Avast on all 4 of my machines, love it
(2011-10-26 23:10)McGherkin Wrote: [ -> ]Malwarebytes is good too.

But isnt a free realtime anti-virus Glare
(2011-10-26 23:36)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]AVG 2012 ftw very gd

No..
(2011-10-27 03:24)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-26 23:10)Dat guy datz in ur forumz, spammin all ur threadz Wrote: [ -> ]Malwarebytes is good too.

But isnt a free realtime anti-virus Glare

True but if you have an infestation download the free trial and destroy everything like I do Tongue
If you have Comodo you don't need MBAM to destroy everything in the first place unless you're a complete idiot and go on blatantly virus infested sites or download them yourself.

Good shout Josh Smile That's now 4/5 of the TC Management team who use Comodo Tongue
Never ever bothered with anti-virus, cause more headaches than they solve.

Just watch what sites you go on Wink
Avast works nice for me.
same as Nitros. My only complaint about avast, as it's hard to add exceptions to certain files. It thought a vanilla copy of Nascar 2003 was a virus.
Avast aswell. Does the job while never annoying me with useless pop ups or sounds.

(2011-10-28 17:54)Special Wrote: [ -> ]Never ever bothered with anti-virus, cause more headaches than they solve.

Just watch what sites you go on Wink

You so special Tongue I have an awesome program you need to try...
Nod32 Wink
(2011-10-28 23:22)Malibu Wrote: [ -> ]Nod32 Wink

Yep great Anti virii scanner. I have used its successor for the last 4 years... Eset Smart Security (Not free... but worth the pennys) Smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's