[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Recording gameplays?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Tongue

So yeah, as the title says, what do you guys use to record gameplays on PC? Heard about fraps but are there any better ones out there that records gameplays without dropping a lot of fps?

Cheers Smile
The problem with frame-capture programs, they will always use a lot of processing power. FRAPS is the best I've ever used though.
Fraps if you want quality recordings.
Fraps +1
I just don't understand why Fraps makes gigabyte recordings, and why I need a not-so-fancy program that compresses it to under 100mb without any quality loss.
I just use sony vegas and render it in .mp4 . From a 40G film to like 70MB Tongue
Try PlayClaw. It records in one big file so easier to compress.
Assuming your hard drive is formatted for NTFS, as FAT32 or older cant do files bigger than 4GB.
(2012-09-14 06:17)Stephen Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming your hard drive is formatted for NTFS, as FAT32 or older cant do files bigger than 4GB.

There's a box you can check on FRAP's to save them in 4GB chuncks
Fraps doesn't compress automatically.
I tried some program, and I loved it. I can't remember the name though ;/
Bulent's screen recorder?
If Fraps isn't sufficient for you, you could try Dxtory. http://dxtory.com/v2-home-en.html

In my opinion those are the only programs that are good for capturing ingame video.
Dxtory all the way.
Use HyperCam for desktop recordings / making tutorials.

http://www.hyperionics.com/

For gameplay I can only recommend Fraps (haven't tried others)
Dxtory is best in my opinion. It falls in-between Fraps and Bandicam, Doesn't produce huge file sizes but also keeps awesome quality, worth a look Smile
Thanks a bunch guysSmile will have a look at the suggested programs Smile
Oh, another question, do you guys actually buy the program or do you torrent the cracked version?
I just tried Dxtory and its far better than FRAPS. Great interface lovely and smooth doesn't hog as much as FRAPS does. Great program never going back to FRAPS again! Thanks for suggesting it Smile
I use Game Booster for recording LFS, but it drops frames higher than 25fps.
Bandicam is literally the same as FRAPS, and I have yet to see how good Dxtory is.

I haven't seen more than a 5fps loss when using FRAPS/Bandicam with LFS on my i5m, unlike my old Pentium, which lagged like hell with FRAPS.

At 1366x768, expect 1GB per minute of uncompressed video at full quality with FRAPS/Bandicam...for example, playing through one mission of Fate of the World is about 200GB of video. Compressing it yourself is a must, unless you have some 3TB hard drives laying around.

Debut Video Capture Software is probably the best free desktop screen capture program I've used. Better than Hypercam.

As for torrenting it, just buy the software. Torrenting always takes forever for me (legal stuff). Direct downloads for FRAPS do pop up through a Google search, but you really should buy it.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's