[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Plea to ban car washing in streets...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Actually this is a democratic move. Republicans/conservatives like myself really could care less about the environment and would rather save money. Purely democratic.
(2012-09-23 11:35)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually this is a democratic move. Republicans/conservatives like myself really could care less about the environment and would rather save money. Purely democratic.

I highly doubt people are worried that washing your car in the street is damaging the environment significantly. Ironic the environmentalists aren't complaining, yet the petrol stations are suddenly concerned about the environment. I wonder why that is.
Next thing, restaurants will be campaigning to stop people cooking at home, because their cooking equipment has to be check for environmental factors.
Hang on a minute. "Cleaning chemicals entering the water supply"

Now, call me stupid, but since when do the drains in the road lead to our taps? Mellow

They don't. And so what if some chemicals from cleaning fluids is getting down the sewage..? Strong chemicals also get into the sewage from our toilet cleaners but this has never been a problem before..? How long have we been motoring now and not seen a problem..?

"the damage it can do to the environment" This is coming from our Oil Suppliers the people pulling oil out of the ground risking oil spills which are huge environmental disasters that take years to clean up. Bloody cheek of them.
It's not going to the sewage, it's going to the ground water.
Which is bad for the environment, because that's directly in contact with plants, animals, and probably even rivers or small lakes somehow. Or however it works.
(2012-09-23 18:25)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]It's not going to the sewage, it's going to the ground water.
Which is bad for the environment, because that's directly in contact with plants, animals, and probably even rivers or small lakes somehow. Or however it works.

How is it going to the groundwater if you're washing the car 'on the street'?

Last time I checked Tarmac was impermeable and for a road to be called a street it's typically in a town where there are drains hooked up to a sewer network..?
It doesn't just go through those holes on the side of the street which are linked with the sewers, it also flows through the gaps between the stones, and there excises permeable tarmac. Not often used though (from what I read).

Not every road is made out of tarmac, and even if it is, the sides still have tiny cracks water can flow through.

I disagree with disallowing washing your car on the street, but I see why they (want to) do so.
Wait...

Guys, if we banned this...

What would Mikee do for money?
(2012-09-23 16:46)Nitros Wrote: [ -> ]Next thing, restaurants will be campaigning to stop people cooking at home, because their cooking equipment has to be check for environmental factors.

And before we no it will have to use things like the local laundrette cuz all of our electrical appliances will need to be safety checked and because local shops/ammenities have all safety checks there will be laws out that we cant do anything at home anymore.
(2012-09-23 20:01)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't just go through those holes on the side of the street which are linked with the sewers, it also flows through the gaps between the stones, and there excises permeable tarmac. Not often used though (from what I read).

Not every road is made out of tarmac, and even if it is, the sides still have tiny cracks water can flow through.

I disagree with disallowing washing your car on the street, but I see why they (want to) do so.

Not where I come from. We don't have cracks in our curbs and the street is on a slight embankment. We have plenty of drains in the street and at the bottom of it.

If petrol stations are so concerned about our environment, they can stop selling petrol Thumbup1
(2012-09-24 00:16)Street Wrote: [ -> ]Wait...

Guys, if we banned this...

What would Mikee do for money?

Ahahahahahaha, that will keep me going all night. Thanks Street. Thumbup1
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's