[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Armored vehicle fails braking test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hiho.. Erh.. uh.. See it for yourself.

Haha Tongue
well, at least it stopped.
You mean, Armoured vehicle fails at having 4 wheels? Tongue
hehe Biggrin
"Well, talk about having having a unwanted "Axle lift system" in place.." Tongue
The brakes worked Smile doesnt say how the test should be carried out Tongue
Perfect.
The all new axel brakes coming soon!
Oh dayum! Where's the water? Throw the anchor!
Armoured vehicle made in china.
oi...lol...

The brakes to good for this carLaugh
Well if the brakes are "too good" which ends up the axle braking.. I'd say the axle wasn't strong enough for the car lol
Why do high tech vehicles like these don't have ABS?
I am not sure whether this a normal full braking one was or rather with hand brake. Confused1

If I now comparatively my car take..... only the front wheels would become blocking. Have, however, ABS. Rolleyes

Nevertheless, the rear ones do not get at all so much braking power. This would be just dangerous.

One must fancy sometimes one goes around a curve with the thing and makes a full braking. There you can be found by your car somewhere in the ditch.

if 70 percent, rear 30 percent perform statute labour.

if we go out sometimes from a car without electronic aid like ESP, because there the braking efficiency becomes from the Elektronic, with this or that wheel reduced which already comes it for the movement of the braking efficiency.

The braking efficiency spreads according to vehicle a little bit in terms of percentage changes, but as a rule of thumb is valid 70% in front, 30% behind.

this car is a mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle briefly MRAP-Vehicle. The model is a Cougar 4x4 JERRV. To read up also with pleasure under http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mine_Resist...B_4x4_MRUV or under http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cougar_(vehicle)#Variants

Specifications Cougar 4x4 JERRV H

Weight Curb: 32,000 lb (14.5 t)
Gross max: 38,000 lb (17.2 t)
Length 19.41 ft (5.91 m)
Width 9.0 ft (2.74 m)
Height 8.67 ft (2.64 m)
Engine Caterpillar C-7 Diesel I6
330 HP (243 kW)
Speed 65 mph (105 km/h)
Transmission Allison 3500SP automatic

Greats Sina Closedeyes
Uhhh??? ScaredScared I killed this theard with my answer? CryingCrying Anybody here?
(2012-09-27 23:52)Malibu Wrote: [ -> ]Why do high tech vehicles like these don't have ABS?

Then it would take days before it finally stopped.
(2012-09-28 21:34)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-27 23:52)Malibu Wrote: [ -> ]Why do high tech vehicles like these don't have ABS?

Then it would take days before it finally stopped.

Do you even know what ABS does?
My guess is that since it is an anti-mine vehicle, they've tried to keep the undersides empty of any electronics that would be very vulnerable.
ABS prevents brakes from locking for the driver to maintain control of the car. Paul has a point, at that weight class, ABS makes the braking distance much longer.

EDIT: AJ has a point too.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's