[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Roundabout drifting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Allo allo..

Recently, >>this<< topic got my attention. Sargento being reported for drifting around the roundabout.

I've got nothing against Sargento, I'm talking about the now non-excistand server rule saying "Drifting around the roundabout is not allowed".

Chuck Wrote:Surri, just one question, what rule do you think did he violate?

What happend to the rule, and where did it go? I've asked several people, and all of them say that there's a rule for it, while there isn't (anymore).

*Cough*: I even asked a TC member about it, and even he didn't know about it?

What's the deal with this?
It's being discussed by the leaders right now, as was pointed out in the thread.
(2012-10-04 18:38)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]What happend to the rule, and where did it go? I've asked several people, and all of them say that there's a rule for it, while there isn't (anymore).

Everyone does, even myself. I'm playing with open cards here, I have no idea.
The current rules don't mention it,
neither do the 2.6 (from October 2011) (http://www.city-driving.co.uk/oldrules/rules.html )
nor the 2.4 rules from October 2010 (http://www.city-driving.co.uk/oldrules/rules2.html )

(I extracted there copies from an archive)

Another source names "http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=2" as source. But that URL isn't in use any more and the Web Archive website wouldn't give me any result.
Chuck, I've seen the rule standing there myself. Server rule, not road-law.

Infact, I've seen people being banned for doing so.
I've seen it as well Johan, I've warned,kicked and banned for it but I'm not too sure where its gone either.
As far as i know people have been banned for violating rule 9.1 (If a [TC] member tells you to stop doing something, do so.) for this kind of stuff, didn't see a report for this before though.
Simple solution: After one roundabout lap you don't have right of way anymore.
Yes its not been a rule as long as ive been playing on TC but as S1 says they've been banned for that as its one of the Admins view on a situation, and after a while i think all the roundabout drifting became dangerous as speeds picked up around so thats why people get kicked/banned for it.
If im not mistaken no action has been taken if its been reported in forum report but its been taken action if admin sees it on server.
I've seen the rule myself too, as well as seen TC member(s) kicking/banning people for doing so, I think I even done a report of someone constantly doing it long time ago.

I have no idea when or why has it gone from the rules list now. I think removing stuff from rules like this should be informed..
Your last sentence is my exact point Roba, informing the community about changes, or updates on the rule-list, to prevent topics like these.
Each case is individual,

When you say you've seen people kicked/banned for it. They aren't immediately kicked,

they'll either be asked, then kicked if they continue for ignoring.
kicked if they've just called a pile-up.

they will only be banned if they return and do the same, or have previous history within the user reporting system (urs)

or could be kicked for other things.

for me, ive never seen it in the rules, however i do ask people to stop as its common sense, and its annoying.

Your last point about the rules, it was announced in news section on the 3rd April 2012 that their had been a new set of rules released, you can't use that argument if you haven't re-read through them to see if anythings been added or changed.

linky: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=2667
The rule used to be servers specific to just Montana (when the roundabout was introduced).

The main reason it is disallowed is that it causes problems such as congestion - theoretically people should wait until the roundabout is clear before they join, if someone is drifting it, then technically nobody can join. This is especially a problem with cars coming from Highway 1, towards a queue of traffic at the roundabout.
Also, if someone is constantly driving around it, people driving down Lower Hillside to Main Street (or the other way round) and don't stop, you have a big problem.. In short, it causes necessaries congestion and crashes.

As other layout developed with similar roundabout the rule was enforced across all servers.

Drifting a roundabout can still be enforced under rule 1.2 (This includes negligent and reckless driving, provoking accidents, for example blocking the track, doing stunts or doughnuts on the road and so on).

I'm not sure when the server specific rule was removed.
Its always been the same. Don't drift around roundabouts. It just causes unneeded trouble and crashes... How hard can it be really to just follow one "rule" or whatever you want to call it? Why does it always have to become a stupid debate?! Its always been the same since i started TC.

Also why are rules being removed, replaced and edited. Like the stupid don't go out of bounds rule. There was no need for that to be changed. Because it still stands that most of the Admins pitlane you or spectate you anyways for doing it...

Where have the road law's gone? Whats happening here with them as well?! What was wrong with the old set?! Its not like Cops even followed half of them. E.g Stopping at junctions & using indicators. No one even follows half the road laws. Now we cant enforce them as a Cop because people just go "Well where are the laws" "I don't see any laws" Can it really be that hard to Copy and Paste the old lot back?! Maybe even edit a few.. It would take all of 10minutes of someones life to put them back. Yet they have been gone for nearly 4 months now?!

Sorry for the rant but its pissing me off that nothing gets done around here anymore and people complain over roundabouts... Is it really that hard to use common sense for things like this.
(2012-10-04 23:42)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Where have the road law's gone? Whats happening here with them as well?! What was wrong with the old set?! Its not like Cops even followed half of them. E.g Stopping at junctions & using indicators. No one even follows half the road laws. Now we cant enforce them as a Cop because people just go "Well where are the laws" "I don't see any laws" Can it really be that hard to Copy and Paste the old lot back?! Maybe even edit a few.. It would take all of 10minutes of someones life to put them back. Yet they have been gone for nearly 4 months now?!

The road laws are still in place and still available. As far as I know not much (apart from the revamp of speeding fines) has been changed, nor has anything about they way they are enforced.
(2012-10-05 00:19)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-04 23:42)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Where have the road law's gone? Whats happening here with them as well?! What was wrong with the old set?! Its not like Cops even followed half of them. E.g Stopping at junctions & using indicators. No one even follows half the road laws. Now we cant enforce them as a Cop because people just go "Well where are the laws" "I don't see any laws" Can it really be that hard to Copy and Paste the old lot back?! Maybe even edit a few.. It would take all of 10minutes of someones life to put them back. Yet they have been gone for nearly 4 months now?!

The road laws are still in place and still available. As far as I know not much (apart from the revamp of speeding fines) has been changed, nor has anything about they way they are enforced.

Could you please kindly link me to them. As i cannot find them anywhere on the main site.
http://www.city-driving.co.uk/home/

>

Second shortcut link down (on the right)
Pretty sure that's the fine list... Not the Road Laws. There used to be a section with the rules about Road Laws...
Ah sorry yes, you're right. Can't see them on the rules page anymore.

Tbh, it pretty much matches up with the fine list; driving on the wrong side, speeding, causing a crash etc etc. Anything else can be classed as either careless driving or dangerous driving, but that can't be written in stone as it depends greatly on the individual scenario.
The road laws have not been taken over explicitly as they are basically a copy of the fine list. One could certainly re-work such a thing but it would take a bit more than 10 minutes to do so. Democracy is awfully slow Wink

As for the actual topic. It appears like everyone here thinks (except for Jedi, if I read thoroughly) it has been an explicit rule. So do I, btw, but the oldest set of rules I could find is exactly 2 years old now and it shows no trace of such a rule whatsoever.

So, the only logical conclusion is either (A) it has never been there and was only a "self-propelled rumour" or (B) it has been deleted before October 2010 and nobody here read the rules thoroughly again for the last two years. I can imagine your chin is going down on the table now, but that is a fact.

Now, we can either sit there and blame each other for something or try to "correct" this issue by adding the "missing" rules. I'd plea for the second one.
(2012-10-05 01:45)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]Ah sorry yes, you're right. Can't see them on the rules page anymore.

Tbh, it pretty much matches up with the fine list; driving on the wrong side, speeding, causing a crash etc etc. Anything else can be classed as either careless driving or dangerous driving, but that can't be written in stone as it depends greatly on the individual scenario.

Yes the main ones are still there. But what about stopping at junctions? Using indicators? There was a list with these in i saw it with my own eyes and now its been removed??
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's