[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Cruising should take a step forward..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That's what I'm up to. This routine type of a cruise system with these basic rules makes pretty much everything boring. Well, not really, but I think that it's time to take cruising to the next level by implementing RolePlay rules.

? Why am I trying to suggest such a thing - It's a cruise server and it's pretty much based on some certain real life scenes. For example, police car chases, am I right ? It does involve some stuff from RL, so why not improve everything else even more ? What's so fun about driving around, earning money and such..- Why not improve it all in GENERAL with these roleplay things ? It would be brilliant !
--------------------------------------------------------------
[OPTIONAL]One of the first ideas was to implement DISABLE global chat. Rather set chatting abbilities when someone's near you. This would be a great opportunity for regular traffic stops, for cops and the civillians to do some basic roleplaying. You know..-bringing in some common sense how it would happen in real life.

[OPTIONAL, although would be a nice touch]One of the second ideas that popped in my mind was using Firstname Lastname format. Yet, a following rule SHOULD be applied.

Quote:- No celebrity ( a person who is easily recognized in a society or culture ) names
- No unrealistic names
- If the name isn't american, then choose something that makes sense, not the most remote name from something the rest of the english players would understand.
- No gag names (such as: Mike_Hunt, Ben_Dover, Mike_Rouch, Eileen_Dover, Willie_Facker, Al Coholic etc.

[OPTIONAL] In Character rule.
Everything that you do, everything that you write [even in the global chat] could be considered as IN CHARACTER. Therefor, if a person is driving around, overtaking every single one and drifting around with no proper IN CHARACTER reason [perhaps, on alcohol, roleplayed, or being chased by cops], then it could be punishable.
Just in few sentences, everything that you do is considered as your RolePlay actions. If they don't make any sense at all [common sense], then the administrators have got the privilege to punish the player.

It's fairly hard for me to explain it all in little details since I'm a foreigner, but I will just post some rules below, so you would get much clearer view on what I'm on about here.

Car Deathmatching

Quote:Car Deathmatch(Car-DM) is when you ram another person without a sufficient roleplay reason to do so.
Do not use acronyms ICly.
Quote:Do not use acronyms or abbreviations such as OMG, LOL, u, ur, w8, lmao and/or smilies In-Character.
//therefor if something was meant to be ooc written, a person could use ((TEXT)) just to let people know that it was not meant in a in-character way.
For example, the only moment when you COULD use Out Of Character a.k.a ((TEXT)) (Out Of Character is a roleplay term which explains that it has nothing to do with your In-Character roleplay CHARACTER ). Also, the only person who can go Out Of Character is the administrator and none else. Everything that YOU as a regular player do is and will be considered as In Character, a.k.a for every single action that you do should contain a reason, a PROPER one. So, for OOC usage you could only use it when you may need administrator assistance regarding some, for example, insim problems or someone, who's abusing / avoiding rules.

NOTE: Maybe some of you, who WOULD consider this idea could explain it in slightly more details. All the rules that I posted above are taken from a Grand Theft Auto San Andreas RolePlay server forums.

And I also hope that this kind of a idea wouldn't be thrown away, since, maybe, some of those things could really be applied just to get one step closer to bring cruise to a new era, to something that's more realistic, a.k.a simulating real life scenarios in a virtual game Rolleyes
Would never work, and it's impossible to disable LFS global chat.
@BoyPower
Well, why wouldn't it work ? There won't be any results if you just don't do it. Look at the positive side what it could DO for the cruising server itself. I'm not saying that everything that I just wrote there should be applied, but some of the basic things as common sense or even the Firstname Lastname thing would be bloody fun.
I think you made it quite obvious that you're not a cruiser.
Quote:@BoyPower
Well, why wouldn't it work ? There won't be any results if you just don't do it. Look at the positive side what it could DO for the cruising server itself. I'm not saying that everything that I just wrote there should be applied, but some of the basic things as common sense or even the Firstname Lastname thing would be bloody fun.

This won't work because it's a cruise server, not a roleplay server.

A lot of the server have subpar English skills meaning they wouldn't understand many of these concepts. TC is simple, fun for everyone. Some people don't like roleplay - we would lose players most probably. Plus, it's too easy to break rules if what you're suggesting is implemented, and it's also an excuse to break rules, e.g. overtaking chases, "but sir, i'm drunk", would just be a complete mess - sorry. Good effort though.
Also, imagine trying to admin these ideas. Don't use acronyms, use forenames and surnames. It'd be damn near impossible unless LFS allowed you to force such things. Which it doesn't.
This suggestion only benefits crusing purposes only, and that's not what LFS is about. As much as i like the suggestion for the global chat, it's not possible to do so in LFS as it is today, and i doubt it ever will any time soon. LFS has other things to prioritize and focus on, than trying to make it a cruise simulator. I think your forgetting the purpose behind LFS and what it is trying to achive..
We already have !l For local chat? No one uses it though. I understand what you're trying to implant but it wouldn't work at all. Nice try though Smile!
I want some if what he's smoking.
(2012-10-06 11:12)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]I want some if what he's smoking.

Good job ! You are the only one who turned out to be a complete douche. Much appreciated Thumbup
Seriously Josh/others? Someone spends, what can only be estimated to be, a good amount of time and thought on an idea and all you can do is mock/abuse? Without the community the servers/TC wouldn't exist - maybe try to promote this as opposed to laughing at it.

Moving on... they are all good ideas in increasing realism, but as Lamp said, the system (LFS) doesn't provide the ability to enforce these without a considerable increase in workload for the admins.

I personally believe that the aim shouldn't to replicate real-life as much as possible, but to give people the opportunity to do things outside of real-life e.g. casually running from cops. It's all about keeping everyone engaged, as opposed to forcing them to abide by menial rules.
Sorry, but I don't see how any of your ideas could benefit our server in any way. We are a dedicated Cops 'n' Robbers server, which I think we are running quite successfully.

If you want a realistic 'life' sim or dedicated cruising server, try LsC or the likes.
(2012-10-06 11:21)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]which I think we are running quite successfully.

"We", including the community - one of which you just mocked. Rolleyes
(2012-10-06 11:21)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]We are a dedicated Cops 'n' Robbers server, which I think we are running quite successfully.

Sounds good to me then. Well, you can pretty much lock and archive this thread.
This is why i never bother with ideas anymore. They get mocked by most of the TC's because, they must know whats better right? Its not like the whole servers based on the people who drive on it. Which if there was non, there would be no reason to host a server. But its fine if something gets added in the TC part of the forums.. Nothing ever gets discuss with us but only between the TC's.

Maybe you lot should put your ideas in the server suggestions so we can rip the shit out of your ideas like you always do ours. Lets see how you like it.
(2012-10-06 11:26)MousemanLV Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-06 11:21)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]We are a dedicated Cops 'n' Robbers server, which I think we are running quite successfully.

Sounds good to me then. Well, you can pretty much lock and archive this thread.

We won't lock it. It will probably be discussed more by others and new ideas may develop from that.

Just because a team member gives their personal decision, that doesn't mean the final vote has been cast on the suggestion.
I like the idea of disabling global chat and having to drive to people in order to talk to them, although i have no idea how and if that could work.

Not a fan of the in character rule.
I agree with every single word Bez wrote.
I agree with every single word Bez wrote.
Guys, suggestions made by the community are more often than implemented.

This suggestion had very little research put into it and therefore doesn't really deserve air time.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's