[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Wood + Screws + glue + G27 = .. You'll see where this is going
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Goooodevening folks!

So, when I got myself a PS3 about 2 years ago, I uh.. had a little problem. I just have 1 input-port at my 24" screen, and the television that we had at that moment, was quite.. old.

[insert CRT picture here]

I've... erh.. connected it.. and wasn't really really really happy with the quality. So, I just got the PS3 on my desk, and kept switching cables.. That got pretty annoying, and the PS3 ended up catching dust for.. about half a year. I reconnected it, downloaded about 1gb - 2gb worth of updates, launched GT5.. aaaand.. turned it off and played some more LFS. Thumbup1

At the end of 2011.. I got my father a nice television. 46".. Full-HD.. amazing what the technology did in the past 5 - 10 years. We had it for a week, and, we couldn't imagine going back to the CRT one.

Back to the topic.. I ran into a problem. The wheel I had (Driving Force GT) wasn't supported by GT5, so a few months after the television, I got myself a G27. Next problem: PS3... Television in the living room... no table to fit the wheel on and still have a reasonable amount of leg-space to put the pedals under the table. So, I played a few games with the controller.. took the PS3 upstairs for.. 3 times, then, again, it ended up catching dust in the corner of my room. At that time, I was already figuring to start on a home-made playseat-frame, so I could finally start racing properly, on a proper sized television, with a proper wheel instead of controller.

And, a few months later, I finally got to it. Asked Vincent for a little support, as he was the one that .. uh.. erh.. didn't do alot. Yet.

The basic idea is(/was), a wooden platform, with 8 holes drilled out so you could position the chair in those holes, without moving backwards while racing. Neither would the platform be able to move, as I thought with the holes. After some thinging, I scrapped the holes idea, and went with a few little blocks of wood on the inside of the chairs legs, chair can't move, weight of the 'driver' will keep the platform from moving, win-win situation.

Photo's.. are coming tomorrow, as a 'process' thread was requested after I went back gaming because I couldn't find any screws in a barn full of toys to play with.. Rolleyes

Sketch-up screenies might follow-up later. Pictures probably tomorrow.
Reference URL's