[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

i found some LFS mods [click] and i would like to know: is it allowed to use them on the TC server?

I would like to use the SlickMod.

Greetings semmel
No, we do not allow LFS Tweaks on the server.
I'm not going to trawl though the entire page, but all I can say is, I know Player Hack is allowed (changes the driver to a real person)
(2012-10-18 15:00)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going going to trawl though the entire page, but all I can say is, I know Player Hack is allowed (changes the driver to a real person)

Well, SlickMod changes the characteristics of the vehicle (from what I read), which isn't allowed. I've never used this so I never realized there were such innocent things included.
That was fast Smile.

Thanks for the answers.
(2012-10-18 15:05)Sinoco Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-18 15:00)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going going to trawl though the entire page, but all I can say is, I know Player Hack is allowed (changes the driver to a real person)

Well, SlickMod changes the characteristics of the vehicle (from what I read), which isn't allowed. I've never used this so I never realized there were such innocent things included.

I never even mentioned SlickMod o_O Also, I meant Driver Hack, not Player Hack. Same difference. Tongue
Server Rules Wrote:1.11. Do not use any modifications that alter the physics of LFS (eg collision mesh, performance).
(2012-10-18 15:05)Sinoco Wrote: [ -> ]Well, SlickMod changes the characteristics of the vehicle (from what I read),

that modd does what the name tells. Wink u get slicks on ALL cars.
and its beein used in LiveForSlicks (findout more on lfsF/league)
(2012-10-18 15:05)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-18 15:05)Sinoco Wrote: [ -> ]

I never even mentioned SlickMod o_O Also, I meant Driver Hack, not Player Hack. Same difference. Tongue

No he mentioned SlickMod. Wink
Hi,

yesterday i watched a video at youtube about lfs mods. there was also the mod: "Launch Control" by davidtrigger and i would like to know: is it allowed to use it on the TC server?

I would like to use the program.

rooobbb

Link: https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=79840
(2013-06-24 17:02)rooobbb Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

yesterday i watched a video at youtube about lfs mods. there was also the mod: "Launch Control" by davidtrigger and i would like to know: is it allowed to use it on the TC server?

rooobbb

The name implies it would give you an advantage over others; so no.
I can confirm that this mod would not be allowed on our servers.
(2013-06-24 17:05)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-24 17:02)rooobbb Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

rooobbb

The name implies it would give you an advantage over others; so no.

You opened the link, boypower?
(2013-06-24 17:10)rooobbb Wrote: [ -> ]You opened the link, boypower?

Read post #2 and #3. It gives you an advantage.
(2013-06-24 17:11)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]

Ok. I cant use this App, but is there an app like like this or RevLimiter which is allowed?

And btw....LaunchControl does NOT change the characteristic of the vehicle...
(2013-06-24 17:14)rooobbb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-24 17:11)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]

Ok. I cant use this App, but is there an app like like this or RevLimiter which is allowed?

And btw....LaunchControl does NOT change the characteristic of the vehicle...

You can use RevLimiter, as it gives you no advantages.

Such as this: http://www.driftbeasts.no/forum/viewtopi...f=31&t=184
(2013-06-24 17:14)rooobbb Wrote: [ -> ]And btw....LaunchControl does NOT change the characteristic of the vehicle...

Have a read through the rules:

1.11. Do not use any modifications that alter the physics of LFS (eg collision mesh, performance).
(2013-06-24 18:10)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-24 17:14)rooobbb Wrote: [ -> ]And btw....LaunchControl does NOT change the characteristic of the vehicle...

Have a read through the rules:

1.11. Do not use any modifications that alter the physics of LFS (eg collision mesh, performance).

yeah, but it REDUCES the performance. You reduces the max. speed, rpm. You does NOT give the vehicle other wheels (slick) or more horsepower.
I think it is a good app....
May I add that the LaunchControl 'mod' doesn't do anything more than rev-bouncer would do, if you were able to set a max-RPM on it?

I infact tried it on a white-listed server and the mod doesn't even give you an unfair advantage. Earlier a slower-launch with it enabled vs the 'normal' flatout redline launch.
As Lamp said, It is not allowed. Even if it does reduce the power, it's still a performance mod. Pleas see rule 1.11

Thanks
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's