[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Being chased and speedtrap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, im being chased by cops because i was speeding a lot. That means i dont want to pay for my speeding.

Then, theres speedtrap. Im running away because i dont want to pay, but i still got to pay for speedtraps? What the heck is that?

So my suggestion is: Cant speedtrap fines be added to the final count of chase fine? Would be more interesting, because every speedtrap you hit, the more interesting the chase gets Smile Otherwise it doesnt make sense..

Nammi said its potential idea, and i should post it here, so i did! What are your thoughts?
Think of it in real life... If your being chased and drive past a static speed camera, you will be fined. Smile

Ash
No word of a lie, I was actually about to post the exact same thing.
I like the idea, kinda gives more to win or lose.

However for the sake of realism and considering the purpose of cameras is to reduce speeds on our roads (think of the children) I would rather it was kept the way it is.
You will still be fined when you hit the speedcam, just not if your in chase Smile

And Ash if im being chased of cops i wouldnt actually give a crap about speedtrap fines Confused
(2012-11-02 19:33)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]Think of it in real life... If your being chased and drive past a static speed camera, you will be fined. Smile

Ash

Car is stolen?
Yes, you won't receive the fine however driving a car 'registered' to another user isn't possible within LFS.

The point of the OP is more 'should you be able to be clocked by a speed camera during a chase' rather 'should you be able to receive the fine from a speed camera during a chase'.
The point of the OP is to add the fines to the total of the fine in the end.
Not 'should you be able to be clocked by a speedcamera during chase'.
Yes, add the speedtrap fines to the total of the fine in the end of chase. Thought if you get away, you dont need to pay for speedtrap either. Makes it more interesting, adds the odds =) I just hate it when im being chased, and i get fined by speedtrap even thought im running away because of speeding.. Doesnt make any sense =)
(2012-11-05 17:08)petsu Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, add the speedtrap fines to the total of the fine in the end of chase. Thought if you get away, you dont need to pay for speedtrap either. Makes it more interesting, adds the odds =)

this
I've always been of the opinion speed trap money should either be given a actual use or the feature removed all together because it can cause grief at nobodies benefit.
(2012-11-05 18:48)Moving Coil Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-05 17:08)petsu Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, add the speedtrap fines to the total of the fine in the end of chase. Thought if you get away, you dont need to pay for speedtrap either. Makes it more interesting, adds the odds =)

this

nice idea actually
Surely doing that you will end up with a 5k fine at the end. You all know how hard it is to gain money with the new system...
it wouldnt be any more expensive than paying it during the chase, if you escape the chase would be cheaper
The problem is, it would be very hard to keep track of the potential fine - if you're short on cash with a speedtrap in the wrong place, it could be quite easy to total up enough of a fine to take you well into the negative.

Another button could be added (somewhere) to keep track of the speedtrap fines (somehow - maths doesn't seem to be a strong point of the people who go well into -ve) in a way that's clear.
(2012-11-02 19:47)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]I like the idea, kinda gives more to win or lose.

However for the sake of realism and considering the purpose of cameras is to reduce speeds on our roads (think of the children) I would rather it was kept the way it is.

I agree here.

For the sake of realism, I also think it should remain as is.
I think this idea would be more realistic. In real life there are rarely chases with people using their own cars but stolen cars. This would mean, in the event of that person evading, there is no way to trace the speeding fines to that user.

Obviously as Josh said stealing cars is not possible on the TC servers, however chases in general aren't 100% realistic and compromises have to be made. So we could pretend that the car infront is stolen, which to me sounds closer to real life.
Yea, that speedtrap fine button somewhere, what Elmo suggested, would be good. I really loose my interest in chase when i hit few speedtraps, because if i get away, i have already lost so much money. Why should i do few more laps, be fined by speedtrap and then take chance that i will get caught and be fined as much as few fines by speedcam.. Am i making any sense? =)
Reference URL's