[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Cop Tracker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since this new updated cop tracker system you have in place, is the metre distance still the same? Because i was in a chase earlier, i was on main st north, suspect was highway 1, on map we was neck and neck (200m) away. Yet i lose... Before i was able to go on other roads chasing the suspect.
Ditto This. Was having problems with distance on Kyoto. Saying I was further away when I really wasn't.
Kyoto was bad for this. Lost alot on that track sadly, comes up with ?highway? example..
I think it is to do with the new system which tracks the suspects car following the layout of the track (eg going around corners) where as the old system tracked the suspect across the map from A to B
(2012-11-24 21:36)Lewis Wrote: [ -> ]I think it is to do with the new system which tracks the suspects car following the layout of the track (eg going around corners) where as the old system tracked the suspect across the map from A to B

This.
The old, direct, distance calculation allowed the cop to be an unreasonably large distance away, which was especially unfair on tracks like Jamaica, where it was possible for a disabled cop to never actually lose contact if said cop was in the right place.
The distance values haven't been changed from the old system (only the way it's calculated), but they are likely to be as we get a good feel of how the current system works. Most tracks will probably get an increased max distance, although the lower distance may be increased a small amount.
I've had a couple run ins where this hurt me though, like heading off a suspect got me to lose contact on Server one(the track name I can't think of). Their are cut acrosses, but now if he turns or cuts the distance spikes and you are done for. Makes stopping super hard andchases last longer.
Reference URL's