[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Server suggestions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm bringing up some ideas which I think would make a perfect server.
It's already really good with cops and everything, great job, no doubt.

Anyways,
a few features that would give it that little "extra" feeling to it:
- Indicator sound effect (that deep click that's ticking on normal cars)
- Season weather (snow/rain/hot summer/night/foggy/etc..)
- Police controls (check controls for e.g. bad tires/damages/etc..)
- Radio (radio in cars with a variety of for example 5-6 stations?)
- Competitions (drift competition maybe? Road blocking a part of the map for drifting with prizes?)
- Jobs (Many servers has this feature, where you can talk to people and deliver things like packages in exchange for money)

Just a few I were able to sum up pretty quick.
Some may sound stupid and unecessary, but I think it would've been cool with some extra features.
(2012-12-21 22:22)200sx Wrote: [ -> ]a few features that would give it that little "extra" feeling to it:
- Indicator sound effect (that deep click that's ticking on normal cars)
- Season weather (snow/rain/hot summer/night/foggy/etc..)
- Police controls (check controls for e.g. bad tires/damages/etc..)
- Radio (radio in cars with a variety of for example 5-6 stations?)
- Competitions (drift competition maybe? Road blocking a part of the map for drifting with prizes?)
- Jobs (Many servers has this feature, where you can talk to people and deliver things like packages in exchange for money)

- Indicator sound: there's a program for it somewhere in the LFS section on the forum
- Season weather: won't be possible without editting the game, so, won't be possible to get it done via the server, but you can change some DDS files yourself.
- Police controls: Routine control, well, could be nice, but you would already chase them for a bit of careless driving, wich would also indicate tyre-wear; meaning, won't be anything new
- Competitions: There are events made by teams or TC themselves every once in a while/
-Radio: There is already a radio, with a wide variety of DJ's playing every now and then
- Jobs: Many suggested it before, and it all ended with TC being unique in its kind, wich won't be changed.
Johan pretty much filled it up Tongue

But hell no any jobs to TC.
Weather changes, can not be done by the server operator unfortunately. A better place for suggesting this, would be the official Live for Speed forum - Improvement Suggestions section: http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php...640834&f=8.

For indicator sound effect, you might want to check out the Turnsig application, made by repeat83 - http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=65864.

Note: This is a third party application and has nothing to do in the original with either Live for Speed or [TC] CityDriving community.

I am not using it myself though, i am just sharing the link with you, since i know that it exists.
Alright, thanks for clearing everything up Smile
Little addition to the competitions on the TC server, as I thought you meant, big organized events: you can always ask someone ingame to either race, or drift (wich you will need a non-side judge for). But remember that its both against the server laws, wich you can be fined for (either dangerous driving, illegal street racing, or careless driving)
well johan, that doesn't sound very bad or something, i kind of like the idea of that now.
Reference URL's