[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Against Roundabout Drifters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

everyday you see a lot of drifters at the roundabout. Maybe they don't understand the english language when you tell them to don't drift at the roundabout or they are just on TC to break some rules.

What about to do a zone at the roundabout, when you are there longer than 10 - 15 seconds that you automatically get specced or kicked with the reason: "No Drifting at Roundabout"? It's almost the same like with the AB wrongsiding.

All users can rate this suggestion with Stars:

* - Very bad
** - Not needed
*** - Its okay
**** - Good idea
***** - Very good, lets do it

Greetz,
Senfi
What happens if someone crashes you and your car turns upside down?

Don't think this would solve the drifting at the roundabout but create more problems.
Hm, and what about to script something, that the system knows the angle of the car? I don't know if that is possible.
Usually admins tell ppl to stop drifting or if a cop is near by, he will be chased.
Quote:* - Very bad

Usually they don't cause that much harm even if they break the rule, and most don't do it after its explained why they shouldn't do it, or an admin scolds them for it.

An automatic system for getting rid of people in the roundabouts would just mess up a lot of things, measuring the time spent in the roundabout would make TOW work impossible and even possibly waiting for a chase to pass or something like that might make you get spectated.

And an angle measure might also mess up some chases, someone might slide past the roundabout at an angle (I know I do at Montana, coming from Drifters)
From reading the first post, opening the server rules and searching for drifting I had the rule for it within 30 seconds. I have some controversial news for you.

TC Rules Wrote:1.12. Stunts:

Stunts may only be performed in specific, designated areas, as long as their use doesn't cause a nuisance to other players. Allowable areas are off the road and listed in specific server rules.
1.12.1. Do not drift around roundabouts.

Drifting while passing through is tolerated, however rule 1.2 still applies.

Didn't think it was that difficult (?). If you see someone drifting the roundabouts, ask them to stop, If they refuse to or ignore you either use !report and !reason or use !tc chat to let an admin know.
But sometimes there is no admin. Tongue
Nevermind, there are some other things what will mess it up.
Close it Biggrin
(2012-12-26 14:10)Senfi Wrote: [ -> ]But sometimes there is no admin. Tongue

And that is why there are forum reports.
Reference URL's