[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: What does it take to kill a Volvo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Proud to have a volvo myself! Thumbup
volvo are like tanks
(2012-12-27 18:07)LOWRIDER Wrote: [ -> ]volvo are like tanks

..but stronger.
The swedes build tanks...for the roads.
Sweden! Thumbup
I'm not saying that the video isn't great, but there is no way that the front of it hasn't been reinforced. If the car genuinly was that rigid, then it would kill more people than it would save, due to the massive deceleration. Volvo's are ridiculously strong, but they're also very pedantic on safety. The front should crumble up to slow the car down.
I have already seen that, however, i don't know how legit it really is. If it is, it is more scary than not really. Cars are made to crumble up, for a reason.

I have seen a few cars, that seem to be very safe and have crumbled up like living hell, in a crash. Sometimes they look like there is no chance that anyone has ever survived a crash, however, driver then steps out without even a scratch.

I do agree however, that Volvo is amazing when it comes to safety. If i recall correctly, Volvo was the first to introduce the currently used system for seat belts and have made it free to use for all other companies aswell, for the sake of safety.

One of Volvo's newer safety features:

Volvo, y u no have crumple zones?!
So we know that Volvo is an amazing car and is more or less leading the safety standards, and that older generation has incredible durability, as we've witnessed. But how is it engine-wise? Let's look a bit deeper into that..

I'll let you all judge for urself, but this old worn out volvo 740-series does not give up so easily, dispite a blown engine at fire.. Thumbup

HAHA, still goes on when it's on fire!
Reference URL's