[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Flashing the color of the speed limit indicator on zone change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Exactly as the title says, it would be helpful if the speed limit indicator flashed for a few brief seconds as you are entering a new zone, I sometimes don't notice the change when it drops from a 100mph zone to a 45mph zone like on Kyoto.
It doesn't drop from 100mph to 45mph. There is a 60mph zone inbetween Wink
It would be nice too, if the speed limit indicator flashs or become red when we are speeding.
Hey,

if is a good idea. Just for those who are new.

One has to brake some more response time and to adapt the speed without one is immediately stopped by a work-crazy cop.

+1
No need to make it that unrealistic. In real life you dont have a permenent sign showing you the speedlimit so I think what we have makes it easy enough.
(2012-12-30 13:16)Crille Wrote: [ -> ]No need to make it that unrealistic. In real life you dont have a permenent sign showing you the speedlimit so I think what we have makes it easy enough.
+1
I personally concur with what Crille said. It's already pretty easy to tell what the speed limit is because it's on your screen permanently.

(2012-12-30 11:34)Babsy Wrote: [ -> ]if is a good idea. Just for those who are new.

Regarding people being new, it's very likely they're using either a UF1, XFG or XRG which probably still gets you an overall profit regardless of your speed.

Babsy Wrote:One has to brake some more response time and to adapt the speed without one is immediately stopped by a work-crazy cop.

That's why you slow down before the speed limit changes. Tongue
A red/yellow sign on the roadside is IMO easier to notice than a little bit of text that's always there in the corner of your eye. Smile

Atleast I'm not one to read the HUD all the time to see whether something changes there. In fact I have sometimes been fined on new layouts since I didn't notice different speed limits Laugh
(2012-12-30 13:46)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]A red/yellow sign on the roadside is IMO easier to notice than a little bit of text that's always there in the corner of your eye. Smile

Ye but I don't think thats possible to implement Tongue
(2012-12-30 13:46)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]A red/yellow sign on the roadside is IMO easier to notice than a little bit of text that's always there in the corner of your eye. Smile

Atleast I'm not one to read the HUD all the time to see whether something changes there. In fact I have sometimes been fined on new layouts since I didn't notice different speed limits Laugh

Same here. Worst thing is that I actually know the speedlimits on most of the roads. And I mostly when I pass a speedtrap, I notice it on the last second, or just ignore it Closedeyes
(2012-12-30 13:16)Crille Wrote: [ -> ]No need to make it that unrealistic. In real life you dont have a permenent sign showing you the speedlimit so I think what we have makes it easy enough.

Excellent point.

However, is it possible to place traffic signs/speed limits sign on the side of the road like it would've been in the real world? I can imagine that requires editing the lfs map or something (which is not possible), but is there a way you can place traffic signs similar to placing the red&white barriers on the road?
(2012-12-30 14:24)Crille Wrote: [ -> ]

Ye but I don't think thats possible to implement Tongue

I didn't mean to implement road signs, but it's just a comparison. As you said, in real life we don't have the sign beside us all the time, but in real life it's easy to notice unlike on the server. It's easy to miss a changing speed limit on TC, unless you have memorized them (which thankfully is pretty easy)
With someone like me who doesn't play that often, I don't notice the speed limit changes and can't be bothered with remembering them as well. The track changes every 1-2 weeks so there would be no use in that since I'd be one 2-5 days out of those 1-2 weeks.
Reference URL's