[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Airbus A380 Onboard Landing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Nothing but big respect towards all the pilots.

Must be an amazing job, if you get that far.
Amazing..
What is with the plane shouting out *Removed* (Another word for "Special")? Am I missing something ahaha
(2012-12-31 04:55)SLiiDE Wrote: [ -> ]What is with the plane shouting out *Removed* (Another word for "Special")? Am I missing something ahaha

It is reminding the pilot to '*Removed*' (pull back) the throttle to the idle position (which disengages the autothrottle).
(2012-12-31 05:17)Sinoco Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-31 04:55)SLiiDE Wrote: [ -> ]What is with the plane shouting out *Removed* (Another word for "Special")? Am I missing something ahaha

It is reminding the pilot to '*Removed*' (pull back) the throttle to the idle position (which disengages the autothrottle).

I thought it was to pull back the control stick so the aircraft would flare upon landing? The auto throttle had been disengaged before that point.
That's really nice, the video quality is outstanding. The hundreds of hours in X-Plane made me actually understand what they doing and saying Smile
8:53.. *Removed*... shouts back, *Removed*, sorry i know it's part of the plane but it did make me laugh.

I live in Farnborough, every 2 years we have an airshow, they always have the Airbus A380, which flies around, lands, takes off. Very good, pilots are amazing at their job. Such a big plane up close!
The "ret*rd" voice signal is generated by the EGPWS on Airbus aircraft, and means that you should set the engines to idle.

Indeed, the quality and the way how the video is put together, is amazing. The best on-board video, that i have seen so far. Pilots are great aswell, in all four parts. In the second or third part pilot is talking about how he became a pilot and all that, aswell as explains almost everything they do.

The captain is apparently retired now. This is probably what the "washing" by the fire trucks at the end was for, since it ussualy means showing some kind of honor. It is usually done when the airline lands on the airport for the first time or when the pilot has done his last flight, before the retirement.
What a video, and what a way to retire. Must be an amazing job to have.
The only part when being a pilot isn't nice is doing gigs for low-cost carriers, with crap wages and crap schedules Laugh
NB, They said that they wash airplanes every monday Smile

btw amazing video, was like flying myself Tongue
Nice videos Smile
I watched the ones between as well Smile
Ive flown into San Fransisco myself,on a 747-400 so i think we flew about the same route, only from London and from Amsterdam instead.
(2012-12-31 15:55)Rasmus Wrote: [ -> ]NB, They said that they wash airplanes every monday Smile

That was meant as a joke most probably, since airplanes are not being washed like that usually.
And in the other videos on that flight the pilot talked about moving to Arizona i think Smile
Ive seen on Discovery yesterday mighty planes, with that A380 plane, so big!
Reference URL's