[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Xbox 360 controller with LFS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Just got a 360 controller. Just wondering if anyone else uses 1, would love to know what way to set it up. A screenie would be awesome. Any other ideas would be appreciated
I havent got a screenie because dont use it anymore, but its well better than Kb. I used to use it when i applied for TC theb got a G25 since Smile
I'll get in touch with Minus, I know he uses it. Smile
I used to use one with LFS a while back before I started driving with a mouse. It was fiddly to get setup, but then later I found that if you change the deadzone on the left stick to around 5% it makes it much better to drive with (use DXTweak). If you don't it will jerk to one side or the other and you'll be 'fighting' the stick to keep straight (apparently the inner range is much more sensitive than out, or maybe LFS just handles it very bad).

PS. Mine is wireless.
I've been looking for a way to change that cookie, cheers Laugh

It is a nice way to drive, it's easy, plenty of macroable buttons and LT+RT work very well as "pedals" (they function on an axis basis)

My set up is something like
LT+RT Axis = Accel + Brake
LB + RB - Gear up and down
Left Stick is steering obv, and when you use its button function it is a rear view
Back and start are look left and right, the D Pad is chase commands, A is handbrake, Y is engine on and off (not sure why) and X + B are Sorry and It's ok binds

Can't remember what pressing on right joystick does, but it's clearly not important as I don't seem to use it too much
I use the ps3pad sometimes and I use this program to pick it up: http://www.motioninjoy.com/

My settings is a lot easier than Street's Biggrin

Right analog stick = Throttle/brake
Left analog stick = Steering
L1 = Gear up
L2 = Gear down
R1 = Clutch
R2 = Look left
Push the left analog stick in = Look right

X = Handbrake

The other buttons I use to setup binds, a good thing to change is in-game. If you go to Options>Misc then look for the settings "Analog steer smooth" I think it's called and set it quite high, it fixes the analog steering so you're able to steer smoothly and not go instant lock to lock Biggrin
Awesome, got it to work after some fiddling around.

E: Thanks all for your input so far Smile
I use one when I'm away from home, I'll post my controls asap!
(2013-01-08 10:59)Stephen Wrote: [ -> ]... if you change the deadzone on the left stick to around 5% it makes it much better to drive with (use DXTweak)...

What version of DXTweak do you use? I've read loads of horror stories about it not working properly on modern systems, especially with deadzones.
v5.02.114, probably the only version I have used.
You can also setup the right stick to the view axes so that you can use the right stick to look around.
(2013-01-11 00:56)Stephen Wrote: [ -> ]v5.02.114, probably the only version I have used.

How do I get that to work?
Connect the game pad to your pc, open the program and click either the X or Y axis tab and then change the deadzone. As for finding the program, I will upload my version if you want?
Yes please m8 Smile
Xpadder worked well. I'm still away from my gaming PC. With xpadder you can even use it as a computer mouse baby Biggrin
(2013-01-12 03:19)ChrisM Wrote: [ -> ]Yes please m8 Smile

Here it is. It should run as it is, I'm not sure if it needed other .dll's to work though.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6gsaf81ln3whdwg
Reference URL's