[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Another reason the US should have stricter gun laws?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Blade Wrote:While everyone thinks I'm a crazy American who probably runs around nude in the streets let me just say Clinton agreed with my idea about armed gaurds at every school around the US.

Wasn't Clinton a crazy American who ran around nude in the streets?
(2013-01-16 13:49)Street Wrote: [ -> ]
Blade Wrote:While everyone thinks I'm a crazy American who probably runs around nude in the streets let me just say Clinton agreed with my idea about armed gaurds at every school around the US.

Wasn't Clinton a crazy American who ran around nude in the streets?

I just got a great laugh out of that! Just made this dull class day so much better.

More along the lines of Chicago, this talks about the DC, our nations capital, gun ban of 1976:
Quote:Since the gun ban was struck down, murders in the District have steadily gone down, from 186 in 2008 to 88 in 2012, the lowest number since the law was enacted in 1976. The decline resulted from a variety of factors, but losing the gun ban certainly did not produce the rise in murders that many might have expected.
Full link: http://dallasmorningviewsblog.dallasnews...nces.html/

Another lol.
[Image: 379244_321928227907554_1790238240_n.jpg]
I think I can summarize the argument neatly myself

'Guns don't shoot by themselves, People shoot guns'

Okay, this is abit of a chicken and the egg situation.

Without people we don't have people to shoot guns.

Without guns we don't have guns to shoot people.

Which is actually going to work and somewhat ethical, human culling, or stop supplying people with guns..

Comparing arming an idiot with a gun to arming an idiot with a spoon.

"If guns kill people, then spoons make Rosie O'Donnell FAT."

And how many people did this Rosie O'Donnell kill with there fat? That was entirely that person's choice and it has not taken away the oppurtunities of others.

'Freedom' and 'Anarchy' are not to be confused. Being allowed to harm yourself and harm other people are two very seperate things.
In response to the hitler argument.

Rather than use a silly propoganda picture, why not take a look at this and have a cross check of the facts elsewhere to make sure the information is correct before spewing this nonsense Wink

http://www.natvan.com/national-vanguard/...itler.html
(2013-01-16 15:06)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]*some bullshit and a hitler - obama comparison based on a picture*

By that picture i feel personally offended.

You're an uneducated irrational Hillbilly.
This was posted in the other thread, and I'll bring it up again:

The title of the video mentions video games, because that is where the producer comes from, but it mentions guns in general and the real problem. It's long, but a good watch.

The prime cause of these mass shootings is generally not guns - better gun laws are unlikely to make any difference in the US for several generations, if at all.
i agree on the video the media makes it worse on give details info out how the killer did it
plus kids should not have over aged games and the parents should not buy then the game if there under age
TotalBiscuit for President and Prime Minister.
(2013-01-16 22:57)Street Wrote: [ -> ]TotalBiscuit for President and Prime Minister.

+1 Thumbup
Fun fact: 12,XXX homicides last year, only 323 were from any type of rifle!

Deadliest weapon in the US? Anyone???? The simple baseball bat. I played baseball for 10 years an never once did anything wrong with it, a baseball bat is a tool, just like a firearm but can be used for the wrong reason.

And calling anyone an uneducated irrational hillbilly is completely offensive. Comparing leaders based on common trends is just simple fact comparison, but calling me a person living in a city of 50,000 driving European cars, 3.2GPA student(slipped because of as bad professor a whole other story), future air traffic controller, Eagle Scout with two palms, assistant scout master and full time overloaded college student is a direct attack an very rude on multiple levels.

Another fun fact: US Homicide rates are at the lowest since Kennedy...
I don't care who you are and what you do. I judge you on what and how you write on this forum. I am still waiting for one number of those you produced to have a valid source. All you produce is a picture made by a republican rascist in paint that uses the lowest of all possible comparisons which doesnt relate at all.
Hmm Hitler started the attack on Poland 1939 based on a lie about beeing attacked. George W. Bush started the war in Iraq based on a lie about Massdestruction weapons and that the USA will be attacked. Thats a vaild comparison - not a stupid picture with children when you dont even know the background.

From now on i will ignore you because you simply can not discuss like a mature human beeing.
^^claiming I am not a mature human being shows your lack of rational discussion ability not mine. I've gladly had this debate in class and on here listening and absorbing everyone's points. You know nothing about my life expieriences or what I have done, just my position on one debate.

All my facts come from US government websites, of I can find it in 5 minutes so can you, it just shows laziness and ignorance to say they are made up.

Obama used children the same way Hitler did end of story. Used children as propaganda and background decorations. He may have not signed any gun collection or restrictive executive orders, he opened up more methods to find out about gun ownership. (through doctors, really man)

Bush was a good man, he did nothing bad to the country and didn't kill jobs, he chose to attack a country that attacked our own. Perfectly logical in my opinion. He served the country for 8 years without doing much and everyone was pretty happy. The WMD idea will always be an argument liberals use because none were ever found, the real reason was oil and we all know that... It takes years for people to acknowledge some people did a solid job, especially one who had the hardest presidency in a long time(worst attack on American soil, natural disasters like no other). Obama said he would pull us out of the war but guess what 4 years later still there because he saw the benefit, but I digress.

Tens of thousands have already lost jobs or benefits thanks to Obama's infinite wisdom...

I should quit wasting my energy, but I really want to keep you guys informed on what's going on! A second civil war is coming.

Btw GO MONTANA! Signed a law saying they would not enforce any federal gun control law!
(2013-01-17 21:09)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]All my facts come from US government websites, of I can find it in 5 minutes so can you, it just shows laziness and ignorance to say they are made up.

Actually, that makes absolutely no sense. How is it somebody else's "laziness and ignorance" that you haven't sourced your information? It is actually yours. If you can do it in 5 minutes then why didn't you?

EDIT: Oh, and since when did Afghanistan and Iraq attack the United States?
(2013-01-17 21:09)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]^^claiming I am not a mature human being shows your lack of rational discussion ability not mine. I've gladly had this debate in class and on here listening and absorbing everyone's points. You know nothing about my life expieriences or what I have done, just my position on one debate.
As I have wanted to point out since the first weapon discussion, I have observed a significant difference between american and european "maturity" and "rationality".

(2013-01-17 21:09)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]All my facts come from US government websites, of I can find it in 5 minutes so can you, it just shows laziness and ignorance to say they are made up.
We wouldn't know what's on your governments websites (atleast I'm not a regular visitor), so you could have mentioned atleast that before that bit even escalated here.

(2013-01-17 21:09)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]Obama used children the same way Hitler did end of story. Used children as propaganda and background decorations. He may have not signed any gun collection or restrictive executive orders, he opened up more methods to find out about gun ownership. (through doctors, really man)
[Image: ydinjate_kuva_1488_30.PNG]

Nope.

(2013-01-17 21:09)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]Bush was a good man, he did nothing bad to the country and didn't kill jobs, he chose to attack a country that attacked our own. Perfectly logical in my opinion. He served the country for 8 years without doing much and everyone was pretty happy. The WMD idea will always be an argument liberals use because none were ever found, the real reason was oil and we all know that... It takes years for people to acknowledge some people did a solid job, especially one who had the hardest presidency in a long time(worst attack on American soil, natural disasters like no other). Obama said he would pull us out of the war but guess what 4 years later still there because he saw the benefit, but I digress.
This is actually mostly true, but here outside of the US opinions of him are a lot less favorable, which is again mostly because people think of how his mannerisms as a leader would work in a european society (protip: they wouldn't, at all)

(2013-01-17 21:09)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]Tens of thousands have already lost jobs or benefits thanks to Obama's infinite wisdom...
Atleast he had good intentions Laugh

(2013-01-17 21:09)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]I should quit wasting my energy, but I really want to keep you guys informed on what's going on! A second civil war is coming.
Okay(...?)

(2013-01-17 21:09)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]Btw GO MONTANA! Signed a law saying they would not enforce any federal gun control law!
That sounds awfully complicated and quite stubborn. Laugh
To be fair though, nobody really cares about Montana
As you can see this US citizen is in favour of the second amendment Rolleyes

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=61d_1358554064

Naturally, it is normal to walk into a shopping centre with an assault rifle, with a 'because I can' attitude.

[Image: LiveLeak-dot-com-5b31b30c7895-ar_15_-4.j...c_rate=300]
^^That's actually totally legal if there is no posted sign. Open carrying of weaponry is legal as long as you can legally own the gun (rifles 16[might be 18 now not sure] bought mine at 16, handguns 21)

T minus 9 months and 4 days til I can legally carry my pistol on my hip Biggrin. I already got my "This vehicle is armed by the second amendment" bumper sticker lol!

People at the gas station can actually have it on their hips until they reach the door, unless they have concealed carry, but who really wants to risk getting arrested at a GetGo lol.

My dad had a funny but great stance on gun control. He is totally against it, but he said if an assault weapons ban took place, the film industry should not be allowed to use anything more than civilians could, handguns and rifles (No more war movies), and cops should only have the same as civilians as well, only the military should have quote on quote "military firearms." Oh and the president can only be protected by Handguns as well.
I'm aware it's legal, but in my honest opinion its *Removed* stupid. Really, you think it is acceptable to walk into a shopping centre in the middle of the day with an assault rifle on your back?

Jewellery stores, children, masses of people etc.

Regardless if assault rifles were banned in the US, of course there would still be hollywood blockbusters with automatic weapons in.

This country (England) has a fit when I walk into a garage (gas station) with my lid (helmet) on off my bike. Or when I pull up at a Liverpool One (shopping centre) on my bike security run out and have words because they think I am going to hold up a jewellery store.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's