[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: 787's Grounded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last time the FAA grounded a plane was 1976 and was the DC-10. Now the 787's are down! Ashame, it's probably some simple glitch

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/16...90941.html
Certainly worth making a thread for.
A simple glitch they know of since flight Testing... Highly doubt they would ground a New plane for a minor occurence.
Lithium batteries probably aren't designed for the high altitudes with lower pressure. Have you ever seen what potato chip(crisps) bags do at high altitudes? They pop open and chips go everywhere. That's just my guess I haven't taken advanced flight systems yet in my program.

Only 50 planes have been built so it's still early in production.
Airbus is using LI batteries allready. Its simply a matter of experience. the 787 produces 4 times more electrical power than the 777. that has to be handled... therefore the handling of high loads and not the make of batteries are to blame.
And tbh: every grounded plane is a nightmare for the operator. 23 grounded in Japan could cause a serious finacial problem for both ANA and JAL. Keep in mind a grounded plane produces cost at a very higher amount it could earn in the time.
^^Someone's done their research! I did not know airbus was using LI already, which aircraft? The gynormous A380?

Plus at least two of them had their full emergency systems activated, and ramps used. This is a major expense to repack, and isn't something you would want to do more than your once yearly required test!
Well: I'm aeronautical eingineer and work in the maintenance of an airline. It is indeed the A380 and packing the shitty slides is the least of their problems now.
Reference URL's