[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Host refused connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2013-03-16 20:46)TGXtrucker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-16 19:44)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]The exception would have to be done very well, otherwise one day it won't be a false alarm and someone from x country will actually hack that person's account.

True. Maybe only exempting trusted people (TC members, Dev in this case) would do the trick

In my opinion, the other way around (re: TC members). If the hacker actually knows what he's doing, he'd probably attack an account with some sort of power (ie. team leader, admin, trainer)
Maybe an exception for Dev on the known IP adresses?
You could add some sort of country based authorization system for travellers.

EG;

User X who lives in the UK knows he will travel to Germany for a significant time this year and will likely play LFS.

User X whilst in the UK authorises his account to be accessed in Germany. EG !authorizeacc Germany

This would significantly reduce the chance of a hacker using a stolen account mess around on the servers, but then again won't stop your account from being stolen in the first place so hey.

Keep all your passwords different people Wink
(2013-03-16 20:50)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-16 20:46)TGXtrucker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-16 19:44)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]The exception would have to be done very well, otherwise one day it won't be a false alarm and someone from x country will actually hack that person's account.

True. Maybe only exempting trusted people (TC members, Dev in this case) would do the trick

In my opinion, the other way around (re: TC members). If the hacker actually knows what he's doing, he'd probably attack an account with some sort of power (ie. team leader, admin, trainer)

That makes sense, yeah.
Maybe some on-site unlock system, aftercoupling your TC and LFS account?
A security question may be good.
Can i get another unban pls?
Account unlocked
Account Unbanned
You may join TC Servers once again
Can i get another unban please... This keeps screwing up, 50% of my time I am in Belgium, the other 50% in the Netherlands... Isn't there some sort of "exception" possible?
Country unlocked and account unbanned. May have something to do with some recent changes to the fraud detection. Happy cruising.
Can i get another unban? Suggestion for the exception: i only play from both the Netherlands and Belgium. Maybe make an exception for those 2 only?
Sorted it a sec ago.
Can i have another unban?
go
I saw you having the same problem and unbanned you a few seconds later, so have fun Smile.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's