[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Host refused connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Today I tried to connect to the TC1 server but i got disconnected while doing so. Everytime I try to connect now, it says "Host refused connection". I am not on the banlist, there are no reports against me, and searching on the web says me this is some sort of safety issue. Do you have any idea how I can connect again? I am not using any mods, tweaks or cheats whatsoever.

Kind regards,

Dev!
Do you know why you could have had a safety issue?

Have you travelled to another country?
(2013-02-20 20:19)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know why you could have had a safety issue?

Have you travelled to another country?

I constantly travel between the Netherlands and Belgium, but that hasn't been a problem before. Confused1
That makes sense. You are now unbanned.
I'm back in the Netherlands again, and upon joining I got banned again Sad
Fixed.
Can i get another unban please?
(2013-03-12 14:01)Dev! Wrote: [ -> ]Can i get another unban please?

You have been unbanned.
I'm banned again, on reconnecting Sad
I can see why this new ip ban system might be flawed reading this thread xD..
Maybe because i have my own unban thread? XD
Try again Smile
Nope...

I get this:

Rikkert Biemans - Banned for possible account fraud (Code 1)
Ash probably forgot to unlock your account. Try again! You were unbanned and unlocked.
It works now Smile Is there a way to make exceptions in the bansystem? If my next login is from the Netherlands, I probably get another ban Tongue
(2013-03-12 20:02)Dev! Wrote: [ -> ]It works now Smile Is there a way to make exceptions in the bansystem? If my next login is from the Netherlands, I probably get another ban Tongue

That's already in work, but not done yet. In the meantime we have to take this burden. You could ask an admin in-game to !unlock your account when you're connected for the last time at the old location. That saves trouble in advance.
I go through the same thing as well, I travel a lot between Dubai, UK, Germany, and Italy... I get banned always.
Maybe it should be tijme to implement an Exeption system on the Acc. Fraud Ban, as Dev Said Tongue I saw several TC members getting banned too Smile
The exception would have to be done very well, otherwise one day it won't be a false alarm and someone from x country will actually hack that person's account.
(2013-03-16 19:44)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]The exception would have to be done very well, otherwise one day it won't be a false alarm and someone from x country will actually hack that person's account.

True. Maybe only exempting trusted people (TC members, Dev in this case) would do the trick
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's