[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Battlefield 4 Official Gameplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This video just got uploaded following the reveal of Battlefield 4 in Stockholm.

Pre-order is up now, more information on http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4

It looks awesome!
Holy *Removed* it looks so real! Nice Thumbup
It looks good but I'm not getting excited about a single player video.
I'll reserve judgement until I see multiplayer action.
am i the only one thinking of a huge scam when i think about whats actually new in relation to BF3? o.O
Not at all, Nammi. This is the exact reason I want to see a multiplayer game.
Have fun waiting for that. EA + Dice are aiming for Singleplayer at first if I'm right.
(2013-03-27 17:15)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]Have fun waiting for that. EA + Dice are aiming for Singleplayer at first if I'm right.

Good. Hope the campaign'll be better than BF3's campaign.
Hated bf3 and this isn't much better. I will say their game engine is tol notch and combining cinematics in with the map is slick. That has to be how the cinematics seamed so well, not one of those awkward jumpy things.

From a technical standpoint you really can't fit 31 bullets in a 30 round magazine. And that 50 cal still doesn't have enough realistic damage. Sure it tore through the corner of the wall, but really it would kill you right there. Gernade launcher physics still suck, obviously neither EA or Activision have never seen on in action lol. The explosion isn't that effective!

Waiting for Medal of Honor or Battlefield 1944, 1943 kicked ass and still has a huge player base!
(2013-03-28 18:19)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]From a technical standpoint you really can't fit 31 bullets in a 30 round magazine.

The 31st round is in the chamber of the gun, not in the mag. Having said that, I wasn't paying enough attention to see whether the 30/31 round reload makes sense (like the original Operation Flashpoint) or whether they've botched it.

Either way, it's a Battlefield game, so the accuracy and effectiveness of the guns is guaranteed to be crap anyway.

The game otherwise looks pretty good, although the controller movement seemed jarring to me - mouse ftw.
(2013-03-28 21:08)Elmo Wrote: [ -> ]The 31st round is in the chamber of the gun, not in the mag. Having said that, I wasn't paying enough attention to see whether the 30/31 round reload makes sense (like the original Operation Flashpoint) or whether they've botched it.

just checked it (in the vid, and i think in BF3 it was the same)
reloading with non-empty mag -> 31 rounds (30 in mag, 1 in chamber)
reloading with empty mag -> 30 rounds (30 in mag, 0 in chamber)
(2013-03-28 21:25)Michi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-28 21:08)Elmo Wrote: [ -> ]The 31st round is in the chamber of the gun, not in the mag. Having said that, I wasn't paying enough attention to see whether the 30/31 round reload makes sense (like the original Operation Flashpoint) or whether they've botched it.

just checked it (in the vid, and i think in BF3 it was the same)
reloading with non-empty mag -> 31 rounds (30 in mag, 1 in chamber)
reloading with empty mag -> 30 rounds (30 in mag, 0 in chamber)

I've never spent the time to chamber that extra round in real life. Takes more time then it saves. There's finally something I like about battlefield. I noticed medal of honor did the same. Now what made me say it was in the video he has 0 ammo 0 mags but then receives 31 bullets in the HUD.

Now I wonder if they will fix the crappy respawns.
Well, afaik at least german Bundeswehr soldiers get tought to count the number of bullets they've shot. At least try to. So they usually know how much they've got left in the mag. What's the difference of reloading with 1 round in the chamber or not? Right, you don't have to get the first round in the chamber.
(2013-03-28 22:40)Michi Wrote: [ -> ]Well, afaik at least german Bundeswehr soldiers get tought to count the number of bullets they've shot. At least try to. So they usually know how much they've got left in the mag. What's the difference of reloading with 1 round in the chamber or not? Right, you don't have to get the first round in the chamber.

In the US hunter safety course you are taught to count the number of bullets for your own safety. You then begin to count bullets in movies and laugh when someone shoots 8 rounds out of a 6 round revolver. Or 15 out of a 10 round Beretta.

This will help the guys like me who reload every time they come into contact lol.
Seems that in BF4, the single player is set up a bit like BF2 was. You have a point to go to, or a task to do, and you have a tonne of ways to get to the point, and how you get to the point. Kind of Sandbox idea.
If that's true then thank god. BF3 campaign was terrible on that.
The game looks so realistic o_o
Reference URL's