[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Civil Should NOT Tow!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Everyone,
I would ask for new rule.
That's civil and normal people should NOT tow..
Why ?
1- Can cause crashes.
( At Highway crash happens. Civil can't !caution, Anyone coming can't see the crash. Gonna hit them, Specialy in road. )
2- Making TOW-ers angry.
( When TOW-ers called [SOS], They try to arrive fastest possible. When They arrive see Car TOW-ed by civil ( I don't mind cops ). Plus can TOW-ers had plan already and ready to apply it, Civil comes and destroy the plan by pushing the car into the grass or incoming traffic )

I asked for this rule because some people wont listien when you tell them to stop tow, And when you ask why they says "You're not very good TOW-er" Or "He's my mate". And sometimes when TOW with danger called [SOS] TOW/D, We should act fast, But when we arrive some civil already TOW-ed it.

I hope you guys understand what Im saying here and Im clear.

Thank you for your time!
Erm no, If someone is flipped and I can help them, im not just going to sit there and watch.
(2013-04-12 21:28)Mikee Wrote: [ -> ]Erm no, If someone is flipped and I can help them, im not just going to sit there and watch.

That!
(2013-04-12 21:28)Mikee Wrote: [ -> ]Erm no, If someone is flipped and I can help them, im not just going to sit there and watch.

What he said Smile
I always help when i pass someone flipped, most tracks are so big that it can take ages before they get help, and most people wants to be flipped right away.
Quote:I asked for this rule because some people wont listien when you tell them to stop tow, And when you ask why they says "You're not very good TOW-er" Or "He's my mate". And sometimes when TOW with danger called [SOS] TOW/D, We should act fast, But when we arrive some civil already TOW-ed it.

Some TOW's are complete utter noobs and just start ramming the flipped car out of place. No use of letting someone wait for a TOW when A: there's no single TOW online, or B: when there's just the TOWs that don't know how to TOW properly.
Quote:What he said Smile
I always help when i pass someone flipped, most tracks are so big that it can take ages before they get help, and most people wants to be flipped right away.

That's good, just don't you think when TOW already there you should leave? and don't TOW so TOW-ers do their work ?
And if people crash on e.g. Highway 1 -> the faster they get TOW'd and off the highway or at least don't block it anymore, the better. It doesn't really matter WHO tows him then. Even though a civ can't do !caution, what's better?
Car crashed on HW1 -> calls SOS TOW/D
tow responds -> is on the way
Civ arrives -> sees still standing arrow on map -> slows down -> tows the crashed car
other civ approaches -> maybe misses the TOWing just closely (he should pay attention to the map and drive in speeds where he can slow down within is range of sight) or even crash into the TOWing process due to no cautions there
-> crashed car towed anyways -> another civ approaches -> oh, no more crashed car there
TOW arrives -> meh, no more crashed car here
-> everybody is fine now, except of the mad TOW because a civ helped the civ already.

OR

car crashs on HW1 -> calls SOS TOW/D
TOW responds is on it's way -> civ approaches -> just speeds past him
TOW still is on his way
civ2 approaches -> speeding -> maybe crash right into the crashed car -> flips over (nice LFS physics there) -> TOW still on his way, because he was on the other end of the map
civ3 approaches -> also crashes into it, because there are now 2 crashed cars and nobody tries to TOW them
TOW arrives -> turns on caution -> now has to tow 2-3 cars...

So, it's fine as it is, people should drive in a speed where they can stop within range of sight anyways or at least check the map regularly if they're faster.

€dit: about leaving the tow'ing when you're civ and the TOW arrived -> it's up to you. What if you just have the plan to TOW him properly and only need like 1 more hit. The TOW is still useful and could do !caution or even !hazard to warn the other drivers.
Not all Civil can tow. Some just ram and ending with "Getting in wrong route" for the towed car.
(2013-04-12 21:40)BoYaqoub Wrote: [ -> ]Not all Civil can tow. Some just ram and ending with "Getting in wrong route" for the towed car.

same applies to TOW's.
I crashed today. Again. It took 5 minutes of tows playing ping pong with me before Special came and towed me. Yes, Special had to rescue me because the tows were somewhat incompetent. If it was left to the tows, I'd still be getting batted around Fern Bay now.

Some tows are good, some simply aren't. I don't want to be limited to a rubbish tow pushing me about simply because a competent civilian would be forced to watch rather than rescue me.
Oww.. I voted fail.. I voted Yes.. :/
(2013-04-12 21:43)Nick Wrote: [ -> ]I crashed today. Again. It took 5 minutes of tows playing ping pong with me before Special came and towed me. Yes, Special had to rescue me because the tows were somewhat incompetent. If it was left to the tows, I'd still be getting batted around Fern Bay now.

Some tows are good, some simply aren't. I don't want to be limited to a rubbish tow pushing me about simply because a competent civilian would be forced to watch rather than rescue me.

Sometimes TOW can have more than 1 crash.
Hey,

I am not for this rule.....

All Driver´s on the Server can help..... if the Tow reaches the Accident area..... other Driver stop Towing and the called Tow do the Job.

Not all Tow´s are beginner...... i lost many km .....(other Driver´s towed me with 200 Km....... and i flying away)

Edit, I clicked Yes.....ops... i mean no...... i´m not for this rule
(2013-04-12 21:24)BoYaqoub Wrote: [ -> ]
Hello Everyone,
I would ask for new rule.
That's civil and normal people should NOT tow..
Why ?
1- Can cause crashes.
( At Highway crash happens. Civil can't !caution, Anyone coming can't see the crash. Gonna hit them, Specialy in road. )
2- Making TOW-ers angry.
( When TOW-ers called [SOS], They try to arrive fastest possible. When They arrive see Car TOW-ed by civil ( I don't mind cops ). Plus can TOW-ers had plan already and ready to apply it, Civil comes and destroy the plan by pushing the car into the grass or incoming traffic )

I asked for this rule because some people wont listien when you tell them to stop tow, And when you ask why they says "You're not very good TOW-er" Or "He's my mate". And sometimes when TOW with danger called [SOS] TOW/D, We should act fast, But when we arrive some civil already TOW-ed it.

I hope you guys understand what Im saying here and Im clear.

Thank you for your time!

Just remember that u also wanna get helped fast.... But when a civil help then REMEMBER to cancel tow plz
Quote:Sometimes TOW can have more than 1 crash.

Sure, but still it's not a nice feeling to be shoved all around the place if somebody else (civilian?) could do it in one hit
Have to agree with previous posters, a big no from me
(2013-04-12 22:04)morreboy123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-12 21:24)BoYaqoub Wrote: [ -> ][b][align=center]Hello Everyone,

Just remember that u also wanna get helped fast.... But when a civil help then REMEMBER to cancel tow plz

Something should cancel it automaticly whenever the one that called for help, is driving faster than 10kp/h. As up-side-down moving doesn't count as moving on a certain speed, this shouldn't be causing any other problems.
(2013-04-12 22:14)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]Something should cancel it automaticly whenever the one that called for help, is driving faster than 10kp/h. As up-side-down moving doesn't count as moving on a certain speed, this shouldn't be causing any other problems.

Good idea
(2013-04-12 21:24)BoYaqoub Wrote: [ -> ]
I asked for this rule because some people wont listien when you tell them to stop tow[...] We should act fast, But when we arrive some civil already TOW-ed it.

When you're a TOW and a civilian is already helping an other one: why don't you just put !caution on and secure the scene so approaching traffic will be warned?

If the civilian is unable to tow the flipped car you can still ask politely if you may try.
When the crashed driver wants to be towed by his friend why would you like to intervene?

Have you already found the TOW-Guide from BoyPower and Towcat? It may be worth a look: >>LINK<<
(2011-10-16 19:27)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]If a civilian is helping a person who needs help, don't tell him to "Go away!" - we know that this job is what you are meant to be doing, but that civilian does have the right to help people too. However, you can politely ask him to step away momentarily, so you can help the person in need - if he refuses, so be it - move on to someone else who needs help. It's very important to remember not to be arrogant to civilians who are helping other people.
"[TOW] Guide" by BoyPower - 16/10/2011 ©
Updated: 31.12.2012 by Towcat
Quote: It's very important to remember not to be arrogant to civilians who are helping other people.

I usually help people who need a tow. The reason above is why when I'm towing a car, and a tow comes along I leave immediately. Some have absolutely no respect. Your original idea is crap imo
(2013-04-12 21:40)BoYaqoub Wrote: [ -> ]Not all Civil can tow. Some just ram and ending with "Getting in wrong route" for the towed car.

Name and shame plz Smile

Sorry for double post
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's