[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: [MED] Allowed for use siren?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

Today, I pulled over a Medic for using Horn #5 and overtaking me at speed on the inside lane, now, after this I said to them about this rule,
Quote:1.6. Horns #4 and #5 are reserved as a siren for Police.

They then replied in saying that a Un-Offical [TC] Medics Guide advised them, that they could use Horns #4 and #5. This then makes rule 1.6. in my eyes redundant (which wouldn't happen without it being noticed by some leaders) but then I replied that rule 1.6 still applies to ALL persons weither [MED] or [TOW] and that you are NOT allowed to use Horns #4 and #5.

All after this, the four Medics whom names I won't mention in this post, told me and others that Some [TC] Administrators and/or members have allowed them to use horns #4 and #5 but then another Admin who came on Clarified that Rule 1.6. applies to the Medics.

That was the end of that, but now i'm super confused on weither this Medics Guide Book, is actully true in saying that Medics can use Horns #4 and #5 and if so why wasn't this noticed eairlier Smile

So coming to my question, Is this allowed or is this NOT allowed?

I also ask for Clarification on Rule,
Rule 2.3. Wrote:Strobe/Flashing lights must not be used by civilians - They are reserved for use by Emergency and Recovery Vehicles
For which Recovery Vehicles? [TOW] vehicles or [MED] vehicles?

Thank you,
The Stig

[attachment=390] - [TC] Medic Guide By Luke.
Reserved as a siren for police, *may* be used by MEDs.
Hello,

from this Theard no discussion should become a round.

But it must make somebody to clarity about the whole chaos?

Today I have gone once more as a Medic.

I was stopped by a cop and it became said the Medic's not Horn5 and Horn4 to used ones are allowed.

I have threatened agree I reportet becomes I should use them again -

If With knobs on..... I have seen till present still no Medic it has not used.

Every Admin says something else and this provides for big confusion what then now is right or wrong.

Is it permitted or not?

Everywhere here in this forum one finds Video's. In every video Horn4 and 5 is used.

Hence, I ask for quick clarification.
Merged both threads together.
(2013-04-14 11:24)Roba Wrote: [ -> ]Reserved as a siren for police, *may* be used by MEDs.

?

Reserved is reserved. This means it cannot be used by other people. Reserved as a siren for police means it's especially for police.
The rule itself is ludicrously clear, but this rule keeps being broken by [MED]s, technically.
~20 days ago I asked for that, the admin (I don't remember who) said me "yes..
Admin 1 said YES and Admin 2 said NO, where is the problem.
(2013-04-14 11:38)Renko Wrote: [ -> ]~20 days ago I asked for that, the admin (I don't remember who) said me "yes..
Admin 1 said YES and Admin 2 said NO, where is the problem.

Yes, why so many Medic´s post video´s from is respond to a Crash/Accident. All Video´s here in the Video Section drive with HORN4 and 5.

And the Medic Guide it say Medic´s are allowed. But the Tc Rule say no thats only for Cops. But few Admin´s say thats ok.... and few Admins say thats not ok .....

lol Confused1Confused1Confused1Confused1 I´m really hard confussed now
I can't see anything official saying that Medics can or can't however if you look at rule:

1.6. Horns #4 and #5 are reserved as a siren for Police. Well it speaks for itself really.

However, We will try and clear this up.
(2013-04-14 11:43)Mikee Wrote: [ -> ]I can't see anything official saying that Medics can or can't however if you look at rule:

1.6. Horns #4 and #5 are reserved as a siren for Police. Well it speaks for itself really.

Haha...yes.... Roger..... we still waiting Wink
(2013-04-14 11:43)Mikee Wrote: [ -> ]I can't see anything official saying that Medics can or can't however if you look at rule:

In the real world Paramedics cannot drive fast or use sirens with out BL Training, people on the game should have some degree of training like cops and it is easy for meds to just abuse it Laugh

I agree with Mikee, and meds shouldn't be allowed Smile
(2013-04-14 11:28)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]Reserved is reserved. This means it cannot be used by other people. Reserved as a siren for police means it's especially for police.
The rule itself is ludicrously clear, but this rule keeps being broken by [MED]s, technically.

I have asked 3-4 tc about it´s allowed for a medic to use siren, and they say yes
(2013-04-14 13:37)morreboy123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-14 11:28)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]Reserved is reserved. This means it cannot be used by other people. Reserved as a siren for police means it's especially for police.

I have asked 3-4 tc about it´s allowed for a medic to use siren, and they say yes

Again, who are these admins? Also, as said in the rules, and as said before it is Ludriculously clear that it is RESERVED for Police and is ONLY RESERVED for police.

That is that Smile But it is confusing as everyone is goign by different rules and different things people or admins have said.
I believe we have had several threads about this, all resulting in the same thing:
Medics are allowed to use horn 5 when responding to a call. Nobody needs to move for them, and they can still be chased by the cops.
(2013-04-14 15:39)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]I believe we have had several threads about this, all resulting in the same thing:
Medics are allowed to use horn 5 when responding to a call. Nobody needs to move for them, and they can still be chased by the cops.

Thumbup1Thumbup1 yes
(2013-04-14 15:39)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]I believe we have had several threads about this, all resulting in the same thing:

It's what meds want~
(2013-04-14 13:37)morreboy123 Wrote: [ -> ]

I wouldn't be surprised if I was one of the ones who said "yes". This is the issue; everyone has different views in regards to this otherwise simple rule.

A ridiculous amount of people do ignore the rule, I'm sure pretty much all of us have used a restricted horn as [MED] before.

As mentioned above (well, Mikee half implied it), this is also being discussed internally and hopefully a conclusive decision will be made this time.
Can we make so u can vote if medic can use HORN 5 or NOT ?? if most people say yes, medic can use the horn and if they say no then it´s only police
We don't need to make a public vote. We are discussing this between us, and will have an outcome soon.

We have always allowed MEDs (and similar emergency rescue services) to use audible sirens and lights. I thought we had updated the rules regarding this as I know this had been an issue for a long time.

Watch this space.
Reference URL's