[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Unban Request - 2poor4retail (Ban Reduced by BoyPower)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
● Your LFS Username: 2poor4retail

● Time & Date of Incident: ~11:30 pm 02/05/2013

● Replay / Screenshot Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?5k96eqlxgyoe7zu
● Replay Timestamps: 26:00:00 ( wasnt actually banned on the replay )

● Reasons as to why you feel you deserve an unban:
I'd appreciate it if the ban was removed or at least the duration reduced as the duration is certainly unreasonable, even if the ban isn't. I was banned last night for making a remark at Val, that he's like a "stereotypical Jew in his penny-pinching ways" and I'd like to at the very least apologize for it. I didn't think much of it, I guess because of cultural differences, where I live, it wouldn't be considered too much of an insult, much like I supposed it wouldn't have in the wider world, but if Val really took it that much to heart, I'd like to apologize for it. Thank you for your time.
Please use the format provided.
Since the ban list is down, I assume you got the ban length from another admin, if this is the case, then that's fine.

Well, the ban was for the following comments:

Code:
2013-05-02 20:04:54 UTC Montana 2poor4retail relentless™ : always penny pinching
2013-05-02 20:04:45 UTC Montana 2poor4retail relentless™ : you are like a jew
2013-05-02 20:04:39 UTC Montana 2poor4retail relentless™ : j'en ai marre avec toi vraiment val (In English: I'm fed up with you really val)

This was really quite uncalled for since it was, if I'm not mistaken, over a mere fine. It also shows you meant it completely negatively, confirmed by what you said in French. Ignoring the fact that, strictly speaking, what you said could debatably be anti-Semitic, it was also disrespectful to Val.

Considering (from what I've counted), you've had a handful of kicks for being rude/cocky and a seven day ban for it (three week bans in total, but not all for this) yet you're still not respecting players.

I'll have a little think about whether I'll reduce the ban or unban you.
What I said was definitely not meant to be anti-semitic, the expression is used as a metaphor to represent someone who is being cheap and greedy. Also, I don't think I'm completely out of line when I say it as Val often fines me(or others) for things that are maybe not unreasonable but things that literally every other cop in the TC community would overlook. Also those bans and/or handful of kicks for being rude/cocky were from what, 3-4-5 years ago? When I was 12? The person I was when I was banned/kicked then does not reflect who I am now by any means.
(2013-05-03 17:47)Relentless Wrote: [ -> ]What I said was definitely not meant to be anti-semitic, the expression is used as a metaphor to represent someone who is being cheap and greedy.

I know what you meant, but the way in which you expressed it was potentially offensive.

(2013-05-03 17:47)Relentless Wrote: [ -> ]Also those bans and/or handful of kicks for being rude/cocky were from what, 3-4-5 years ago? When I was 12? The person I was when I was banned/kicked then does not reflect who I am now by any means.

True, they were quite a while ago and I take them with a pinch of salt, but the fact you're still disrespectful in the server (or what I feel is disrespectful) to this day is the fact here.

I'm going to reduce your ban from fourteen days to one day. However, this relies on one serious condition:

Next time you are insulting or say something even questionably insulting/rude, then you will be banned for 40 days without any chance of a reduction.

Note: 40 days = 28 (double this ban, which was 14) + 12 (the amount of days you wouldn't have served).

I still basically believe the original ban was fair, but I'm slightly more lenient this time because your previous entries (about rudeness especially) are getting old (but are still valid), and you've put a reasonable amount of effort in your thread and have made a decent apology.

Please confirm that you accept the '40 day' deal.

EDIT: To clarify, technically, I mean that the ban will be reduced from 14 days to 2 days, since I'll be unbanning you tomorrow (provided you accept the above)
That's perfectly reasonable. Thank you.
You will be unbanned this time tomorrow!

Your ban has been reduced
Reference URL's