[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: - Copper with no common sense ripping me off (Archived by BoyPower)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
● Your LFS Username: ramla

● Their LFS Username(s): tiitus.p
● Their LFS GameName(s): TIBE

● Replay and/or Screenshot Link: http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/1zMIJWS-.rar
● Replay Timestamps: 57min 28s

● Wed May 08 14:27->

Cruising along at 160km/h when some guy in a hurry makes a pass from the right, taking my attention. I react a bit late to sirens and don't have time to brake till I'm past the first cops. I see all the cops are just standing still so I indicate what I'm doing and make it safely past the stopped cars with zero contact.

TIBE pulls me over and threatens me with 200e fine and then laughs about me having to make a run for it, obviously because he set the fine so high. The fine is a ripoff, and even more so because he obviously made it high just to make more money after I'd try escaping like a proper oppressed citizen.

In comparison a good long chase is about 300e and causing an accident makes 150-200e. He even tells me minimum is 75e, after which he tells me he can't change it, just takes my money and runs off.

I'm seeking at least a warning for this cop and a compensation for ripoff fine. If some admin will be so understanding to monetarily compensate me for getting 1000e-worth-enraged due to this cop's unacceptable behaviour I will be glad, but after all I did know the consequence while typing that message.

I want justice.

EDIT: oh i forgot to upload the replay. hold on a minute. EDIT: DONE
This report is being looked into. Please be patient.
The fine was justified - you did fail to move (to the side) for emergency vehicles. I take it you didn't notice the many other users slowing down for the chase. You also blatantly overtook another cop in the chase, who was a little behind the chase itself. You had tonnes of time to react to everything. You then pass the chase itself which was only a few metres to your left. You must understand that chases are unpredictable and you must yield to them.

This is even what the server rules say. Rule 1.5 is rather conclusive.
Server Rules Wrote:1.5. Stay away from chases.
Let suspects and cops pass and give them room for manoeuvring. Do not follow or overtake chases. If a chase gets closer, stay passive, slow down and wait until the situation is over. Do not help the suspect or the police.

The fine was justified, your abuse was not. You have absolutely no refund of the 1000 euros you wasted due to swearing, either. What you say in the public chat is purely your responsibility, the cop isn't responsible for the abuse and swearing you come out with, unfortunately.

2013-05-08 14:30:09 UTC Montana ramla dynX V.Lehtimäki : WHERE DO I REPORT A SHITTY COP
2013-05-08 14:29:32 UTC Montana ramla dynX V.Lehtimäki : where do i report a shitty cop?
2013-05-08 14:29:11 UTC Montana ramla dynX V.Lehtimäki : OI U *Removed*
2013-05-08 14:29:06 UTC Montana ramla dynX V.Lehtimäki : bullshit, i seen ppl gettin 30€ fines

Due to your clean record, you will be banned for a mere two days due to this abuse. Even if you think someone has broken a rule, this does not warrant disrespectful language.

No action has been taken for reasons described.

Thank you for your report.

It has now been moved to the archives.
Reference URL's