[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: "Join" mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today, I joined a chase right in front of me, helped box the suspect in, and according to the InSim, I was the one who busted him.
Though, since I was still in the "Join" state, I didn't get any xp, money, or a win out of it. There wasn't even a 'lost contact with the suspect' message in the chat.

Would it be an idea to make the "Join" mode go into a "Chase" mode once you 1) Are within x meters of the suspect and 2) Are on the same road as the suspect and/or 3) Have made contact with the suspect/are the one busting the suspect?

I have no idea what the current criteria are, but I think that if you help bust the suspect (or you're the one busting him), you should at least be getting the win out of it.

On a side note, could the distances for Join-Chase mode and distances before losing contact per map be made public? Would be great knowing. Smile
I don't think that the points one and two would work very well. If for example suspect came flying past you just after you have joined the chase, the InSim would recognise that you were close to him at one point, which would make it very easy for him to lose you. Point two is pretty much the same.

Point three could probably work though, as if you are able to touch the suspect, you are obviously close enough at that point.

I have already seen what you have described happening, but very rarely. Then again, if you are in the chase for a few seconds only, it shouldn't be such a big deal to not receive part of the fine, even though you have actually helped with the bust.
(2013-05-09 23:18)Mr. NB Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think that the points one and two would work very well. If for example suspect came flying past you just after you have joined the chase, the InSim would recognise that you were close to him at one point, which would make it very easy for him to lose you. Point two is pretty much the same.

I meant it as when you have all those three at once, it would go into chase mode. Sorry for not being clear Tongue
It is like that as far as im aware, you must be within 100m *I Think* for 5-10seconds for it to change to chase, or this is at least what I've experienced.
Within 100 metres is correct, but not before 20 seconds after !join.

As for the chase distances:
Win distance 500m / 400m on Sydney (robber escapes)
Lose distance 750m / 600m on Sydney (cop loses contact)
Timeout: 10 sec
Reference URL's