[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS lags out when using strobe.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

Whenever i want to use my Strobe on LFS, the game suddenly freezes. Iv'e tried to find a newer version of the strobe, but with the same outcome.

Help, forum! What to do?

- Ernst
What strobe program are you using?

If you haven't already tried it, try using TCLights. Works great.
http://city-driving.co.uk/downloads/TCLights0.6.zip
I use LfsStrobe 1.4 Smile

I'll try out TC lights
Can't go wrong with TC Lights.
TC lights is better Smile
I tried it ingame, and it makes my game lagg. Yes, my PC is sh**. I tried uninstalling some stuff now, so let's try again!

Still lags. This sucks Sad
What's your PC specs?
(press start and type in dxdiag, press yes in the popup box, give me the information under the tabs: "system" and "display/screen/skærm")
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 Series

Chip-type: ATI Display adapter (0x9480)

Total memory (ca): 2808 mb

"aktuel skærmtilstand" : 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

I never had this problem before..
I tried rebooting my PC, and it was significantly better, but still lagging a little bit.
Okay, your PC should have plenty of power for LFS, so that's definitely not the problem.
Try lowering some of your settings in LFS. Most important ones, are the screen resolution under the tab "screen", and the texture filtering/AF as well as thefull-scene antialiasing setting. Both located under the "graphics" tab
I tried turning ALL settings to low, almost so low, that i couldn't read the text because it was too grainy..and it still lagged.

- But after that, i tried to reboot my PC, and it worked semi-ok Smile it seems to work now
Still the same problem with TC strobe :/ this is weird
(2013-06-18 10:34)Ernst Wrote: [ -> ]Still the same problem with TC strobe :/ this is weird

If you look at the rules,

Quote:5.6. Flashing lights must be used when in a chase.
Hazard lights (9 key) and Headlights (3 key, constantly on or flashing) are minimum. You do not need a third party program

All you need to do, make sure your headlights are on (3) and press (9) during a chase. Just make sure you turn the hazard lights off when out of a chase (0).

Only problem you have now is keep the horn on.
Right...i'll use TC lights for the siren, and use hazards and 3 button in the future, then.

Thanks Smile
Could it be that your computer/keyboard is "confused" by all of the simultaneous keypresses? I know my old computer didn't like them.
Yep, that is a pretty good description of what happens Smile

This works much better.
Reference URL's