[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Audible and auto-cancelling turn signals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: wDmeYfV.png]

In this tutorial I'd like to explain step-by-step how to make your turn signals audible and auto-cancelling (returning wheel to it's default position makes turn signals automatically off).

For instance, I use Logitech G25 wheel, so this guide will be accompanied with relevant screenshots of Logitech Software.

What do we need:
  1. Logitech G25/G27 Racing Wheel (Does work with other wheels)
  2. Logitech Profiler (Or relative software)
  3. Live For Speed client
  4. A tool for monitoring your wheel status (eg. current turn degree, button push). It can be downloaded from official thread on lfsforum.net (all credits go to the author - repeat83) Link to download: here (you need to be logged in on forums it seems to me)

Installation:
  1. Let's say 1,2,3 are correctly installed and it's time to download the tool.
  2. Create a folder called .turnsignals in your Live For Speed folder and extract downloaded archive in it.
    [Image: vFadxfd.png]
  3. Now your .turnsignals folder has the following content:
    [Image: wHx1sAp.png]
    • joy.exe - a tool itself. You'll need to start it everytime you wish this mod work.
    • List of Virtual Key Codes.chm - name says it all: a table with keyboard keys and their key codes. You need these for setting up configuration file.
    • readme.txt - useful information about a tool.
    • turn.wav - sound file of your indicators. If you'd like to change the sound of turn signals, you should replace this file with your own. (Keep in mind that it should be named 'turn.wav', not 'turn(1).wav' etc.
    • turnsig.cfg - configuration file.

Configuration:
  1. Open Logitech Profiler (double click on the icon in tray: [Image: I800QL3.png]). Main window of Profiler should pop up:
    [Image: X4W4H0a.png]
  2. Personally I use Button 17 and Button 19 on my Shifter for Left and Right turn signals respectively.
    [Image: hZO5fDy.png]
    If you don't know how to assign turn signals to your G25/G27 buttons, here's a quick guide:
    • In Profiler, left-click on the button you'd like command to be assigned to, and select 'Keystroke - New keystroke..'
      [Image: N2fT8jp.png]
    • Press 'Record', push '7', press 'Stop'. You'd have the following keystroke:
      [Image: EryAVvy.png]
    • Click 'OK'. Now you have binded to wheel button keystroke to activate your left-turn signal.
    • Choose another button on the wheel for right signal and do the same instructions as above. (Note that in LFS default right signal binded to '8', so, when you're editing keystroke, you'd push '8').
  3. Now we know that our turn signals assigned to Button 17 and 19. Remember these numbers.
    [Image: FHMTxH2.png]
  4. Open in Notepad 'turnsig.cfg'. You'd see the following parameters:
    Code:
    0 - ID of your Logitech G2X device. Default is 0 but you can always check it by running joy.exe
    540 - number of degrees you use in your Racing Wheel. I use 540 for cruising
    30 - number of degrees when the tool should turn signals off. 30 is optimal but you can always play with it for better results
    17 - button on the wheel for left signal (mine is Button 17)
    19 -  button on the wheel for right signal (mine is Button 19)
    0x37 - keycode of keyboard button for left signal (mine is 7 with keycode 0x37)
    0x38 - keycode of keyboard button for right signal (mine is 8 with keycode 0x38)
  5. Replace config file with your own parameters and save it (Ctrl+S). Close config file.

That's it. Now, start LFS, connect to TC server, check whether your wheel buttons works correctly. Now launch the tool, switch back to LFS. If you did everything correctly, you'd hear audible turn signals after turning signals ON. Now try to rotate wheel while your signals are ON, then place wheel to it's default position. Lights should turn OFF automatically.

I hope it was not that hard. I've tried to describe it as simple as possible with screenshot demonstration. Hope that makes your cruising more entertaining and funny.

Thank you for your attention,
gyunter
Something I'll try out when I get my wheel back, thanks for this.
Work on DFGT too~
I'll give it a go tomorrow. Thanks for taking your time to write this up.
Nice guide! I'll definitely try this out! Thumbup1
if u search the forum i have a simple one , u literally open the prgram click for left and right signal done none of the messing about

EDIT:http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=3058
Tom, I don't think it's a mess to set up config file one time and just startring .exe file everytime you launch LFS. You don't need to configure it everyday as key bindings and wheel parameters are constant.
Same with me, the one i use i just set what buttons i want for my indicators in a .cfg (5 and 6 for my G27 paddles) run the exe and done. Nice work though none the less
(2013-06-17 09:43)gyunter Wrote: [ -> ]Tom, I don't think it's a mess to set up config file one time and just startring .exe file everytime you launch LFS. You don't need to configure it everyday as key bindings and wheel parameters are constant.

I see no problem to open one more program some take 2 sec then press 2 buttons..
Updated links in first post. If someone inquisitive enough to test if this still works nowadays, I'll be appreciated Wink Don't have wheel anymore.
I've always used this software — providing the links are still for the right files, it works fine Biggrin
Reference URL's