[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Server Variety
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It has been tried again and again in the past, and it simply doesn't work out like that -- trust me. People typically want to go to the server with the most people on.

I also disagree with the point that "most people hate Sydney". If that were true, the server stats wouldn't currently read:

Server 1: 30 players
Server 2: 5 players

Which is around average for this time of day.

Either way, I appreciate it is not to everyone's tastes but, ironically, it introduces variety.
To be honest, there is not even any point debating this. There's a very blatant split between the people who believe there should be a little more variety, and people who believe everyone should be forced to one track. There'll always be that argument and everyone has their own opinions.
(2013-06-19 19:07)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]It has been tried again and again in the past, and it simply doesn't work out like that -- trust me. People typically want to go to the server with the most people on.

I also disagree with the point that "most people hate Sydney". If that were true, the server stats wouldn't currently read:

Either way, I appreciate it is not to everyone's tastes but, ironically, it introduces variety.
(2013-06-19 19:04)Savy Wrote: [ -> ]When Montana was on both servers, both servers were full for at least 4days
(2013-06-19 19:10)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, there is not even any point debating this. There's a very blatant split between the people who believe there should be a little more variety, and people who believe everyone should be forced to one track. There'll always be that argument and everyone has their own opinions.

Exactly, which is good seeing as for the other 5-6 weeks of the track rotation Server 1 and Server 2 are always on different tracks Wink
This is purely based on the track and nothing else, like I said in my earlier post. I didn't see one person posting here complaining when Montana was on both servers and both servers were full, yet Sydney gets put on both servers and a track that requires a bit of driving skill and instantly people complain. Learn how to drive the track and learn how to handle a car and you'll be fine. If you struggle with this then I think you should do some practice on single player.
(2013-06-19 19:12)dogie213 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-19 19:07)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]It has been tried again and again in the past, and it simply doesn't work out like that -- trust me. People typically want to go to the server with the most people on.

When Montana was on both servers, both servers were full for at least 4days. From Savvy

Savy's stats are never to be trusted
(2013-06-19 19:14)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-19 19:12)dogie213 Wrote: [ -> ]

When Montana was on both servers, both servers were full for at least 4days. From Savvy

Savy's stats are never to be trusted
Actually when server 1 was full there were alot of people on server 2.
(2013-06-19 19:14)Savy Wrote: [ -> ]This is purely based on the track and nothing else, like I said in my earlier post. I didn't see one person posting here complaining when Montana was on both servers and both servers were full, yet Sydney gets put on both servers and a track that requires a bit of driving skill and instantly people complain. Learn how to drive the track and learn how to handle a car and you'll be fine. If you struggle with this then I think you should do some practice on single player.

Savy, there is a rather subtle difference between not liking a track, and not liking a track because you suck at it. Don't just assume people don't like it because they're not good, because half of the time this isn't even the reason.
(2013-06-19 19:15)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-19 19:14)Savy Wrote: [ -> ]This is purely based on the track and nothing else, like I said in my earlier post. I didn't see one person posting here complaining when Montana was on both servers and both servers were full, yet Sydney gets put on both servers and a track that requires a bit of driving skill and instantly people complain. Learn how to drive the track and learn how to handle a car and you'll be fine. If you struggle with this then I think you should do some practice on single player.

Savy, there is a rather subtle difference between not liking a track, and not liking a track because you suck at it. Don't just assume people don't like it because they're not good, because half of the time this isn't even the reason.

You sure about that? Rolleyes

Well from what I've seen from the people complaining I will stick with what I think, one person complaining ( dogie ) has already admitted he struggles to do a chase without crashing into a barrier, this tells me he struggles with basic car control on a simple track. I've seen the others drive on this track and in my opinion I think they dislike it because they struggle to drive it and because this track is a slow track. The fact there are speed limits on Sydney which are 45mph and each time we see people complaining to have Kyoto on because they want to drive around in a circle at 140mph tells me people dislike slow tracks which require some skill.
(2013-06-19 19:18)Savy Wrote: [ -> ]

Well from what I've seen from the people complaining I will stick with what I think, one person complaining ( dogie ) has already admitted he struggles to do a chase without crashing into a barrier, this tells me he struggles with basic car control on a simple track. I've seen the others drive on this track and in my opinion I think they dislike it because they struggle to drive it and because this track is a slow track. The fact there are speed limits on Sydney which are 45mph and each time we see people complaining to have Kyoto on because they want to drive around in a circle at 140mph tells me people dislike slow tracks which require some skill.
one person complaining ( dogie ) has already admitted he struggles to do a chase without crashing into a barrier
Only when i'm copping

When i'm playing normally I don't like it because it's too small, and you can't drive very fast.

People who like to drive like 45 mph it's a perfect track, but I like to drive fast and that's why I don't like this track. (and it's too small)
Driving "fast" depends on the surroundings. 50mph on a motorway isn't considered fast, but it would be if driving in built-up area. Hence, you can still drive "fast" on Sydney --It's all about context.
Before this thread becomes full of TL;DR comments, I think it's worth pointing out the facts.

Having two servers with a public capacity of 60 players means that most of the time, people will gravitate towards the fullest server. At times there have been 15+ people waiting to get onto server One when server 2 was half full.

Tracks such as Sydney get forgotten when we have 2 maps on and so for the past 2 track rotations we've had the same track on each as it doesn't appear to make any difference what's on server 2, people will always want to join the server with the most people on it.

In the past week (whilst Montana was on), we had 2 full servers. 60 connections. This was mainly due to the fact that we had the same map on each and as I write this message there are 32 players on server one and 20 on server 2.

For this reason, we will probably stick with the same track on both servers until we see a reason not to.
This type thread again?

I not see the problem.. If you not like the track some are on it not hurt to play on it? Or not play LFS in 1-2 week?

And be happy for Chunk/admins use lot of time to hold this servers up, and try to make you happy.. You cant get all perfect.. Be happy you have a server to play on, and sydney are very good track, because people can't drive, just race and here its hard to race so they may learn to drive.

Im not sure but if im right its a few days before they change agian.

PS: This is NOT A RACE SERVER..

EDIT: Lamp was say some of that i said.. Not be so fast Lamp Sad
if we do have variety, people will always go for the easier track to drive on. I used to hate sydney, but once you have a decent set for it and appropriate driving skill its actually pretty fun.
(2013-06-20 00:07)Stephen Wrote: [ -> ]if we do have variety, people will always go for the easier track to drive on. I used to hate sydney, but once you have a decent set for it and appropriate driving skill its actually pretty fun.

Second that, The point of Sydney is to have alot of cars on it, since it's in a city environment, not a race track with glorified speedlimits.
However you attempt to sugarcoat the argument, the baseline is that Sydney is the most unpopular track by far. There is no point in arguing why people don't like it or not, or whether they all are wrong or not. Its a personal taste and there is no accounting for taste.
If I take the sugarcoat away, the thread's subject would probably be "damn sydney, give us something else". Thats not a discussion, thats an actual wish.
The only question is whether that wish is being ignored or not. Empirically speaking, yes it will be ignored.
However, I personally don't like that track either, makes me feel like a lab-rat having 10 footsteps from one side to the other.
I personally think that there is no reason to change the current system we have. Personally, sydney is my favourite track and I really don't like montana. What wouldn't be fair is if people who say didn't like other maps like kyoto, montana or whatever don't have the opportunity to play on the maps they like, because other people don't like them. We had to put up with the maps we don't like, so you have to put up with the maps you don't like too.
(2013-06-20 00:07)Stephen Wrote: [ -> ]if we do have variety, people will always go for the easier track to drive on. I used to hate sydney, but once you have a decent set for it and appropriate driving skill its actually pretty fun.

You don't even need a super-proper setup for it. You just have to know how to go inbetween the 500 barriers. The difficulty makes it more fun, thats for sure.
I think sydney is one of the best tracks.
But there is one thing what i don't like on sydney.
My fps drops there, about 20-30fps less than other tracks.
But i can deal with it Smile
Hopefully i will get new pc soon Biggrin
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's