[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Unban Please (Unban Request Denied by Lampshade)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

Your LFS Username:
Stephanie

Time & Date of Incident:
26/06/2013 @ 9:00pm-10:15pm GMT

Replay / Screenshot Link:
http://postimg.org/image/bqzaoldlz/

Reasons as to why you feel you deserve an unban:
I'm not sure what has happened. I drove for 75km then went to the pit and spectated. I then went to watch The Apprentice on the TV, came back after it was finished and was unable to enter the server and it says I have been banned for 6 days as you see in the screenshot. Please can you sort this for me? I was so close to being able to buy my first car on TC after some hard work driving! Crying

Love,
Stephanie
Hi,

You were banned following this report:

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=7478
(2013-06-26 21:32)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

You were banned following this report:

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=7478

Oh that is ridiculous.. 6 days lol

That guy followed me around the track for something like 2 or 3 laps. He often plays in WS which I also play in a lot. I did not see the "Sirens" saying it was chasing me. Not being funny but there are "Sirens" on my screen 80% of the time. When he catches up I see him in my mirror and pull to the side (I thought he wanted to pass me) but squashes me against the barrier which is why I said something like "?" (I think).

I am new to TC so don't you think that was a little harsh? He fined me immediately as I stopped which is hardly fair and 6 days for this. I will become a cop as soon as I get 2500km and farm off the cruisers too especially those with only an XFG Mad

Not happy,
Stephanie
With regards to the chase and the fine, it was completely fair. It is up to you to be observant and know when a cop is trying to stop you. You should certainly have noticed him behind you.

I appreciate you weren't happy he made contact with you, but remember that you were 'running' and that he was trying to bust you. He wouldn't have known at this point that you didn't know you were being chased.

One thing that cannot be excused though is your general attitude - i.e. the way you spoke to him and then rammed him as you drove off. Can you explain why you did that?
(2013-06-26 21:50)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]With regards to the chase and the fine, it was completely fair. It is up to you to be observant and know when a cop is trying to stop you. You should certainly have noticed him behind you.

I appreciate you weren't happy he made contact with you, but remember that you were 'running' and that he was trying to bust you. He wouldn't have known at this point that you didn't know you were being chased.

One thing that cannot be excused though is your general attitude - i.e. the way you spoke to him and then rammed him as you drove off. Can you explain why you did that?

There are always cars behind you. I made no attempt at running and he was so far behind me that he was barely visible in the mirrors. In fact I was still driving to the speed limits. You must remember that the speed limit is tiny in the top right of the screen. I am new and still trying to learn the speed limit and layout of the track especially since the speed limits are constantly changing. I have not memorized this and today I have played without any problems and have been doing just fine and got most of the track worked out now...

Of course I can explain why I crashed into him because I don't lie and the honest truth is because I was angry with him that he fined me instantly without explanation and I think it was for like £360 which is a LOT for me as a new player and especially because I was just driving and not trying to get chased or break the rules...

A warning could have been enough but nope... cops make far too much money through fine rewards so will want to do that at every opportunity which is understandable.

Well, that's my side of the story. If this is really such a horrific crime then I will have to serve my punishment but I really hope you can re-consider and take it a little easier on us newbies Smile
(2013-06-26 22:00)Stephanie Wrote: [ -> ]A warning could have been enough but nope... cops make far too much money through fine rewards so will want to do that at every opportunity which is understandable.

You are given a 45 second period to notice a cop is chasing you and then pull over. If it takes longer then something must be wrong.

Not only would he have been behind you with his flashing lights and siren, but there would have been enough on-screen warnings, which you really should have noticed.

Once you have failed to stop, you commit the offence and will therefore be fined - cops will not warn for failing to stop.

As I said before, there is no excuse for ramming someone - if you are angry and you feel they have done wrong you should report them to an admin for their review.

The ban will not be removed in this case.
Well, I'm sorry I wasted my time with TC.

You can close this. Please kindly remove my account from the forums.

Many thanks,
Stephanie
Your accounts will not be deleted. You will be most welcome back when the ban ends, it is only 6 more days.

Do remember it was put in place for a reason.
(2013-06-26 22:19)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]Your accounts will not be deleted. You will be most welcome back when the ban ends, it is only 6 more days.

Do remember it was put in place for a reason.

Hi Josh. I'm sorry but with complete respect I feel 6 days is excessive but that is your decision and I do not wish to waste any more time on TC and that is my decision. I have been pushed away.

I was unable to find an option anywhere to remove my account which is why I have requested it here. By law and due to the Data Protection Act you are obliged to do so unless you can explain how I could do this myself.

Kind Regards,
Stephanie
Hello Stephanie.

I have reviewed this situation myself and I think you're being quite unreasonable. The initial report checks out and you were in violation of some of our rules. The ban was fair in my opinion.

Also:

Stephanie Wrote:I was unable to find an option anywhere to remove my account which is why I have requested it here. By law and due to the Data Protection Act you are obliged to do so

This is not the case. We are not obliged to remove your account.

If you do not wish to return to our servers then I wish you all the best.
Ok, it's been a week, locking.

Unban Request Denied
Reference URL's