[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: New graphic card.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think i need a new graphic card, i run BF3 on medium settings and my video card is making much sound. I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 ti now, and i want a better.. Because i not know so much about graphic cards i want to get some pro tip here. I just need a card some run gta & bf3 and games like that great on high/medium settings.

And if its possible not say card's some cost like 900 - 1000 euro's..
My ATI 4890 1GB that I installed into my system (December 2009) runs BF3 max settings at 1920x1080...

You might want to look at the ATI 7870 or GTX 660, both will max out BF3 and most games.
Using GTX 670 and running BF3 whit ultra grafics. Its good choise. I like it
I've got an AMD HD 7870XT.
Definitely the best value for money on the market atm. It almost performs as a HD7950, as it unlike the other 7800-series cards, is based on the same Tahiti XT chip as the HD7900-series. Smile
Will all this run this type of games with low fan noise? Because i can run normal games, but so when i run games like BF3 it sounds like it is over heated.. Sad

And its bad when other people in the house want to sleep.. On my last computer i think my card got over heated.. It just random not worked more.
generally the nvidia cards run quieter, if you don't mind paying a bit extra for an asus card, the DirectCU cards are a good choice if you want low noise. my gtx 680 would run bf3 on max at 1920x1080, but I use it for a much higher resolution than that.

The temps on it are pretty good, max temp is 53, min is 21 and normally idles around 28c (ambient temps range from 12-22 during the day)

What are your pc specs though?
Since the new nvidia 7-series came out, you can find some high performance 2nd-hand 6-series/7900-series cards pretty cheap, compared to their original value. And still keeping up to the new 7-series, but for 30-40% off the price.

Obviously the 7-series are still having higher performance, but you will be just inches behind and run all games on ultra for a good amount of time.

EDIT: Only upgrading the graphics card may not solve everything for you. You may still lacking on other parts in your PC, that might need to be upgraded along with the new graphics card.
(2013-07-07 10:43)NVK Wrote: [ -> ]Only upgrading the graphics card may not solve everything for you. You may still lacking on other parts in your PC, that might need to be upgraded along with the new graphics card.

Well, this is what i have in my computer right now..
Im think to get a Intel i7 soon

[Image: mo1xv.jpg]
(2013-07-07 15:41)Adrian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-07 10:43)NVK Wrote: [ -> ]Only upgrading the graphics card may not solve everything for you. You may still lacking on other parts in your PC, that might need to be upgraded along with the new graphics card.

Well, this is what i have in my computer right now..
Im think to get a Intel i7 soon

[Image: mo1xv.jpg]

An i7 would make absolutely potato difference in that system. That would be a useless upgrade, especially if you aren't also upgrading ram and mobo along with it.

Then I really recommend you spending more money on the graphics card now, and leaving the rest as it is, because it's fine.
Your computer specifications seems to be alright, and i would also recommend spending the money on upgrading the graphics card. I found a guy in my country that sold 2x HD 7970's for 579€, but then your also allowed to bargain. I would guess he release them for around 500-520€, and that's very cheap for what you get..

EDIT: I'm really tempted myself to get those Tongue
Well, i will buy a card soon.. But is it any program some can show the temprature on my video card and cpu?
Google CPUID hardware monitor. Good simple program that will give you the temps of what you need.

[Image: 4271?k=4300f7949d47972987bfffb11791391f]

Here are tests on some a little bit older cards:

[Image: 3202?k=5dea7483b7cd86ba91823a7592764b4d]
Thanks.. Biggrin

A bit off topic: Something in my computer have like 86°C.. Is this a problem? Or its just me some read this fail?
Some temps are just made up since the motherboard doesnt have a temperature indicator on all components. The tempatures that you see fall and rise are the ones to care about.
Reference URL's