[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Stereogram
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Parallel vision!

[Image: Image2.jpg]

Edit: Crossed version:
[Image: Image1.jpg]
That works quite well, did you actually move the camera position? It looks about 3 pixels different.

I'd never considered trying this with screen shots, but now I've seen this, I may try. Smile
I don't get it. What am I missing out on here?
(2013-07-27 11:45)Cola Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get it. What am I missing out on here?
http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereogram

I still dont get it.
With special glasses those two pictures will be combined and will let you experience depth.

Same principle is used in a 3D movie.
You don't need special glasses of any kind or any equipment.

Cross your eye's slowly until both images meet, you should be able to see it 3 times, the center image will look slightly 3d.
Aw, doesn't work at all for me then, as my eyes are lacking the same sight thingy. Same with 3D.
Try holding your finger up in front of the screen, look at the end of your finger, then move it closer to your face and keep looking at it until the images meet in the middle, that may work, its how I learned to see stereographic images.
with that trick my eyes will do a backflip in their housing Fiona.
(2013-07-27 12:49)Fiona Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need special glasses of any kind or any equipment.

Cross your eye's slowly until both images meet, you should be able to see it 3 times, the center image will look slightly 3d.

Au contraire. You shouldn't cross your eyes, look parallel instead. Therefore I wrote "parallel vision" to it. In that case, you will see a perfect 3D view.
However, I added a "crossed" version for people who prefer that.
I prefer parallel viewing as that is less stress for my eyes.

The 3d works like all 3d images work. You just have to manage to look to something different with your left eye than with your right. Without all technical toys, you simply look at different thingsSmile

Parallel viewing means focussing at a very far (ideally infinite) point, while looking at a relatively close image. I.e. stretch your right arm to the full and look at your pointing finger far away. Take your other hand's pointing finger and put it up close to your eyes. You'll notice, that one will appear as two fingers. That's where the image should be.

Cross-viewing (like having a squint) is the exact opposite. Focussing at the close finger, but looking at the finger far away. Now, the far finger will suddenly appear twice.
oh i get it, cool Tongue

though it hurts my eyes
I see what you mean, I missed the "parallel vision" and went directly to the images. I see the crossed version works better for me, probably because I was doing the parallel vision one incorrectly and I'm used to the crossed versions. I immediately related it to the old style stereogram posters (crossed vision) that used to be popular.
I have never been able to see any of these 3d things..
You should definitely try it out. Maybe with some other pages ie:
http://www.eyetricks.com/3dstereo.htm
http://www.brainbashers.com/stereo.asp

Those pattern images are quite popular. I remember the joy I had when I discovered those things first. With books from a public library of course Wink
I don't see anything from any of those.

For example this one:
[Image: Acoma_Seed_Pot.jpg]
I see it like this:
[Image: mZTJ4NJ.png]
My eyes just start violently shaking sideways when I try to do this. (And yes, I can also shake my eyes sideways on purpose, neat party trick.)
Look to your nose, works for me lol
Tooo damn drink
.knurd tneam uoy kniht I ..ishoH bed ot oG
I still not get this to work for me.. I are on cola's side. :/
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's