[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Logitech Gaming Series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone actually knows whats going on?

Last I heard was that they are stopping the gaming series to concentrate on other things. However upon recent visit to their site, they have had a total makeover and introduced new products, along with the G27 being relisted after being removed a while back?

Ash
Plenty of Gaming stuff on the danish Logitech site, so nothing there seem to suggest they are stopping it. And i hope not.
I think this is what you heard/read:

"By the end of this year, Logitech also plans to have discontinued "non-strategic products" including video game console peripherals and speaker docks. Darrell says the strategy is for the company to focus on PC-related products and maximize profitability. The news isn't entirely bad, though, with Darrell buoyed by "continued strong demand" for the Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad."
http://www.destructoid.com/logitech-to-s...3084.phtml
http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/1/23/390...ts-harmony

I find it very hard to believe they would ever stop producing gaming related products as a whole, as it is most likely their largest branch.
If they stop producing G27's, then what am I to do when this one breaks? Sad - I'd really like a 5th G27.
Thanks for the replies Smile

And what I heard in the first place was Logitech are fed up of constantly replacing G27's so they are stopping them.

Looks like that might have been a rumour perhaps Smile
Logitech aren't stopping the G27 (and similar gaming peripherals).

(2013-08-08 20:39)Cola Wrote: [ -> ]If they stop producing G27's, then what am I to do when this one breaks? Sad - I'd really like a 5th G27.

The fact that you'd need to get a 5th should be an sign to start looking for another manufacturer.

If the same part breaks/wears out so many times (especially in a product that retails for over £300) and the design isn't fixed after 6 years, you're just wasting your money. That, the dodgy drivers and the refusal to give parts lists are the reasons why I've given up on Logitech. This is made worse by the fact the design flaw is so obvious, it shouldn't have made it to production in the first place. I will not be getting a new Logitech wheel when my G25 (the replacement of my first) inevitably becomes unusable (it's not far off that now).
The reason I stick with Logitech is because of their profiler program with the wheel. Too handy for me to loose lol.
All major manufacturers have their own profiler, most can do the same as the Logitech one, many don't break as much.
There are even third party tools that can work with any controller or even no controller at all.
I think I'm just gonna keep replacing and fixing the parts on my G25 and G27 until the end of time. Just today I reinforced the clamps with steel after the right clamp snapped on me during a cruise on TC a while ago. I did the same on the G25 years ago, lol.
Reference URL's