[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: unban request vincent (Unban Request Denied by Savy)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear TC-Management,

● Your LFS Username: vincentw97
● Time & Date of Incident: 8/13/2013 around 1am

First of all, I'm very sorry for this crash. This is GB3K, and I got over-excited because Demon was catching up. All I really wanted to do, was to overtake Demon. But I misjudged his speed (because he was keeping to the speed-limit) and also the distance to the corner. I tried to hold the brake until the very last moment, but I accidentally bumped into him. However, I lifted the throttle before I caused the accident. It was a stupid mistake. In hindsight, looking at my speed and distance to the corner, I could have never made that corner. Considering the difference in speed, it was a split second call and I called wrong.

● Reasons as to why you feel you deserve an unban:

1. Demons report completely ignores that I have sent him compensation money twice. I have sent €100 after the crash and another €350 after I saw the replay and realized how hard I actually hit him. Later on, Demon returned the €350 BUT he never returned the €100 compensation, which I think means he accepted the apology.

2. The report falsely states "Vincent [...] continued to use throttle to ram me". This is not true, as can be seen in the replay. Like I said before, I did not brake BUT I lifted the throttle long before the actual hit. I misjudged the situation, but I had absolutely no intention of ramming whatsoever. Ramming would only cause me to lose precious "awake-time".

3. I said sorry many times. I said sorry immediately after the incident, even though I thought it wasn't completely my fault. Then I reviewed the replay and came back to the server to say sorry to Demon once more this time even more elaborate because I realized it actually was completely my fault. Unfortunately, Demon did not respond at all (but was driving) while FakeD was insulting and haressing me big time. So after I said what had to be said, I sent him some more money before left the server.

4. Savy said in his ban-message that I continued ramming people after getting restricted a day ago. And that this is also a reason the for ban. But he completely ignores several hundreds of *flawless* miles driven after the restriction.

On a completely different note: due to forum-server issues, I have not had the time to tell my side of the story before because I could not see the report (I only got to see an old cache).

~Vincent
Just because you lifted the throttle doesn't mean anything, you clearly made no attempt to brake and then you attempted to blame him for it.

2013-08-13 04:48:24 UTC Jamaica vincentw97 [CSR] Vincent : tried to overtake, but u suddenly steered

Complete lie.

2013-08-13 04:54:53 UTC Jamaica vincentw97 [CSR] Vincent : braked to late maybe, but tried to overtake, was a bit rechless, but said sorry

Complete lie.

2013-08-13 04:56:41 UTC Jamaica vincentw97 [CSR] Vincent : tried to overtake, but he steered

Complete lie.

Now as you can tell, you lied instead of accepting it was your fault. Sending him some money and him not sending ALL of it back means absolutely nothing, what your trying to say here is. If I went in a FZR and completely rammed someone head-on but sent him money, that means hes accepted my apology and its okay? I don't think so.

People have been driving for 200,000+km's on our servers and haven't had a single URS entry, so the fact you've been driving a lot but only been restricted once means absolutely nothing as well. I went through the chatlogs and I counted you apologising 23 times in the space of an hour. Which to be honest with you, is a complete joke.

Vincent Wrote:I tried to hold the brake until the very last moment, but I accidentally bumped into him.

Here is another lie, you didn't even brake and a 100mph hit is more than a "Bump" but I guess you know you lied here as you put this.

Vincent Wrote:Like I said before, I did not brake BUT

The restriction you received was a warning in itself for you to stop wrong siding, but clearly you didn't get it. As I posted above you've apologised 23 times in the space of an hour which is absolutely shocking.
I'd like to remind everyone that this is an unban request and not the place to start a free discussion.

I'd like to see only involved users posting.
I will repeat myself, because you seemingly failed to read this line:
Vincent Wrote:I said sorry immediately after the incident, even though I thought it wasn't completely my fault. Then I reviewed the replay and came back to the server to say sorry to Demon once more this time even more elaborate because I realized it actually was completely my fault.

Savy Wrote:As I posted above you've apologised 23 times in the space of an hour which is absolutely shocking.
Timeframe not specified. Was this before/after/during the restriction? Was certainly not during the accident discussed here, because I hadn't been playing for an hour. I had been sleeping for many hours before.

You also fail to mention that the bind I use for sorry also contains the text "thank you" and "no problem", which may be used if others make mistakes or when they let faster drivers pass. Not exactly easy to miss, if you've read the text 23 times.

Vincent Wrote:Dear TC-Management,
I'd like to let TC-Management decide if Demon failing to report compensation, not sending back the whole compensation, and outright lie about the lifting the throttle, will render this whole report unacceptable.
Don't worry, I made sure the ones I counted were your fault. So yes the 23 apologies in 1hour was purely your fault. All of this was AFTER the restriction which tells me you haven't learned to drive on the correct side of the road, I understand its gumball but you seem to think all rules are out of the window. The way you speak to admins and others can be very disrespectful at times, the fact you still wrong sided constantly after a restriction and the fact you DISCONNECTED while an admin was trying to speak to you is just... completely disrespect towards him and shows him you don't care.

I don't care much about the fact you rejoined the server and sent him money and gave a sorry, it was already too late by then. You sat there and lied 3 times about what actually happened and tried to say he was at fault.
You have a point about the disconnecting, that was rude although both Stunna and me had made our points. But please, don't even get me started on the respect-thing with Stunna. He disrespected me many times very HARD recently and this has been discussed with Pete. Yet no sorry towards me, nor compensation in any way. This is a completely different issue though, although it did cross my mind when I disconnected. Wanted to prevent the same insult-rage to happen again. Although Stunna turned out to be very professional this time, FakeD was the sole reason I disconnected after the rectification.

Quote:I don't care much about the fact you rejoined the server and sent him money and gave a sorry, it was already too late by then. You sat there and lied 3 times about what actually happened and tried to say he was at fault.

You keep repeating this, so I will repeat the answer, once again. It was a split second call, and my initial standpoint was not right. I rectified after viewing the replay, and up'd the compensation. Which was not fully returned. Nor reported.
The issue with Stunna was sorted when you spoke with Pete, I'm talking about the way you speak to other players. You sometimes speak to people like they're some piece of dirt you found on the street and its like you think you're so much better than them. You also seem to be giving smartarse replies towards admin when asked not to do something or even asked about your wrong siding.

I'm denying your unban request on the reasons I have stated, feel free to make a unban appeal here: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=26

Unban Request Denied
Reference URL's